World of Warcraft Crashes

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Tomma

World of Warcraft Crashes
Hi, um can somebody help me with this ?
Specs:
AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ @ 2600 MHz
RAM 3 GB
nVidia geroce 8500
Vista home premium

So when i start the game, everything goes fine for few minutes.
the suddenly when i really start "playing" warcraft the computer just
crashes and stays with the frozen screen on.
what should i do next ?
Is there a solution ?

thx
Darkelldar

Re: World of Warcraft Crashes

"Tomma" <Tomma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, um can somebody help me with this ?
> Specs:
> AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ @ 2600 MHz
> RAM 3 GB
> nVidia geroce 8500
> Vista home premium
>
> So when i start the game, everything goes fine for few minutes.
> the suddenly when i really start "playing" warcraft the computer just
> crashes and stays with the frozen screen on.
> what should i do next ?
> Is there a solution ?
>
> thx

Looks like the Video card is locking up.

Have you installed the latest drivers for you video card? www.nvidia.com
Also download and install the latest DirectX runtime libary from MS.
If your system or video card is overclocked set it back to stock spec's

diablomaster9046

Re: World of Warcraft Crashes
My computer has nearly identical specs and I am having the same problems. I
have updated all my drivers and reinstalled wow. I am still having the
crashes no matter what I do about 1 minute into game play. The screen
freezes and the audio skips for about 5 seconds and then nothing. the only
thing I can do is power down. Any suggestions?

"diablomaster9046" <diablomaster9046@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:23CD45AD-FBC1-4830-88CD-A6157961571D@microsoft.com...
> My computer has nearly identical specs and I am having the same problems.
> have updated all my drivers and reinstalled wow. I am still having the
> crashes no matter what I do about 1 minute into game play. The screen
> freezes and the audio skips for about 5 seconds and then nothing. the
> only
> thing I can do is power down. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a hardware problem. Most likey memory or a heat problem, could
also
be a bad power supply.
If your system is OC'ed set it back to stock.
Search for a stress test program and run it.

Andy [YaYa]

Re: World of Warcraft Crashes
"Darkelldar" <not@home.net> wrote in

> "diablomaster9046" <diablomaster9046@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:23CD45AD-FBC1-4830-88CD-A6157961571D@microsoft.com...
>> My computer has nearly identical specs and I am having the same
>> problems. I
>> have updated all my drivers and reinstalled wow. I am still having
>> the crashes no matter what I do about 1 minute into game play. The
>> screen freezes and the audio skips for about 5 seconds and then
>> nothing. the only
>> thing I can do is power down. Any suggestions?

> Sounds like a hardware problem. Most likey memory or a heat problem,
> could also
> be a bad power supply.
> If your system is OC'ed set it back to stock.
> Search for a stress test program and run it.

PC-Check by Eurosoft is a great stress test program, not through, but
checks everything.

PC Wizard 2008 has benchmarking that might stress your system enough to
reproduce a crash

Prime95 will stress the hell out of your RAM or CPU

Memtest86 or just Memtest (2 different programs I believe) will find ANY
ram problem, almost guaranteed, run it for at least 2 hours, or until
you get an error. If you get an error remove that memory DIMM or replace
it with a new one. If you're not sure how to do that, take it to The
Geek Squad and tell them you need to replace X DIMM. Shouldn't charge
more than $39 to install the ram + the cost of the ram of course.

Good luck buddy. Any other games crash on your system? Has this only
started happening recently?

--
-A.
IvanFlowers

Re: World of Warcraft Crashes

WoW crashes with me also. The entire game will close and once I got a
complete white screen that would not go away. It usually happens during
the loading screen or when I reload the game using Vista. I have both
XP and Vista and download all updates. I do not have this issue when
I'm running the game with identical setting in XP. It is very annoying
especially in the middle of a raid where 24 other people are waiting for
me to restart. Any advice or ideas is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Ivan D. Flowers

--
IvanFlowers
IvanFlowers's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/103267.htm