GAMES SHUTTING DOWN

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Moose29

GAMES SHUTTING DOWN
When playing a variety of games, they will shut down on their own at no
specific point of the game. Games this has happened to include: Zoo Tycoon 2,
NHL08, Railroad Tycoon Platinum & Sim City 3000 Unlimited. Of course all
newly created data from the last save is lost.

Very Annoying
.Joe

Re: GAMES SHUTTING DOWN

Moose29;681179 Wrote:
> When playing a variety of games, they will shut down on their own at no
> specific point of the game. Games this has happened to include: Zoo
> Tycoon 2,
> NHL08, Railroad Tycoon Platinum & Sim City 3000 Unlimited. Of course
> all
> newly created data from the last save is lost.
>
> Very Annoying

Since I personally don't have any of those games I can test, I can only
offer you general advice.

(right click on the program icon)

1. Try running the program in compatibility mode for XP SP2

2. If that doesn't work, try running the program as an administrator.
You can also set this in the compatibility tab.

Let us know if that works for you.

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com\")_
_*::Click_here_for_the_Vista_Forums::* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_Geekbench_Score:_4050 (\"http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/42901\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
_**_
Andy [YaYa]

Re: GAMES SHUTTING DOWN
..Joe <Joe.37rhi1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in news:Joe.37rhi1@no-
mx.forums.net:

> Moose29;681179 Wrote:
>> When playing a variety of games, they will shut down on their own at no
>> specific point of the game. Games this has happened to include: Zoo
>> Tycoon 2,
>> NHL08, Railroad Tycoon Platinum & Sim City 3000 Unlimited.

> (right click on the program icon)
>
> 1. Try running the program in compatibility mode for XP SP2
>
> 2. If that doesn't work, try running the program as an administrator.
> You can also set this in the compatibility tab.

3. Video card could be crashing, update video card drivers.

4. need more info, what's your computer make/model number?

5. What version of Vista?

6. Any error messages?

7. When you say the game shuts down, does it go to your desktop? Does your
computer "turn-off", or something else? be specific.

--
-A.
video card problems

Re: GAMES SHUTTING DOWN
I have uppdated all drivers for my video card and its still crashing dont now
why its like this i have played crysis and the witcher when it has shut
down.Its almost like its some sort off memory dropp.got 4gig ram om my
computer and the video card uses some of the ram there still it shuts down.
Tryed to make a flash disk on 4gig as a ram releaser so my computer culd
runn faster still it brakes down.
and all of my drivers are uppdated on my computer must be some vista problem
i think.
They havent got any solution on the problem yett that i have asked for.

"Andy [YaYa]" wrote:

> ..Joe <Joe.37rhi1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in news:Joe.37rhi1@no-
> mx.forums.net:
>

> > Moose29;681179 Wrote:
> >> When playing a variety of games, they will shut down on their own at no
> >> specific point of the game. Games this has happened to include: Zoo
> >> Tycoon 2,
> >> NHL08, Railroad Tycoon Platinum & Sim City 3000 Unlimited.

> > (right click on the program icon)
> >
> > 1. Try running the program in compatibility mode for XP SP2
> >
> > 2. If that doesn't work, try running the program as an administrator.
> > You can also set this in the compatibility tab.

> 3. Video card could be crashing, update video card drivers.
>
> 4. need more info, what's your computer make/model number?
>
> 5. What version of Vista?
>
> 6. Any error messages?
>
> 7. When you say the game shuts down, does it go to your desktop? Does your
> computer "turn-off", or something else? be specific.
>
> --
> -A.

Andy [YaYa]

Re: GAMES SHUTTING DOWN

>> > Moose29;681179 Wrote:
>> > (right click on the program icon)
>> >
>> > 1. Try running the program in compatibility mode for XP SP2
>> >
>> > 2. If that doesn't work, try running the program as an
>> > administrator. You can also set this in the compatibility tab.

> "Andy [YaYa]" wrote:
>> 3. Video card could be crashing, update video card drivers.
>>
>> 4. need more info, what's your computer make/model number?
>>
>> 5. What version of Vista?
>>
>> 6. Any error messages?
>>
>> 7. When you say the game shuts down, does it go to your desktop? Does
>> your computer "turn-off", or something else? be specific.
>>
>> --
>> -A.

=?Utf-8?B?dmlkZW8gY2FyZCBwcm9ibGVtcw==?= <video card problems
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have uppdated all drivers for my video card and its still crashing
> dont now why its like this i have played crysis and the witcher when
> it has shut down.Its almost like its some sort off memory dropp.got
> 4gig ram om my computer and the video card uses some of the ram there
> still it shuts down. Tryed to make a flash disk on 4gig as a ram
> releaser so my computer culd runn faster still it brakes down.
> and all of my drivers are uppdated on my computer must be some vista
> problem i think.
> They havent got any solution on the problem yett that i have asked
> for.

Could be heat, your system is overheating and crashing. Open the case up
see if it helps.

Need system specs for your computer. What of the 7 steps above did you
try, and what were the results?

You have 4Gigs ram, try dropping down to 2 gigs (remove 1 or 2 dimms),
and see if the games stabilize.

You can test your ram with MEMTEST86, it's an ISO you download, burn and
reboot your computer with it. Tests your memory throughly. Program will
run forever, but you should let it run for at least 2 complete passes.
Should take about 2-4 hours.

If you get any failures then replace the DIMM that it fails on.

Look up your motherboard online (if this is a built system), make sure
the RAM you are using is certified for use with this motherboard and
verify the RAM settings in BIOS match the recommended specs for that
RAM. Don't overclock. (for now)

This is all kind of advanced, so if you don't know what you're doing,
respond BELOW and tell me what you don't understand, and include your
system specs, include as much information about your system as you can.

--
-A.
daverich@hotmail.com

Re: GAMES SHUTTING DOWN
Hi
I had the same problems and found the answer was to upgrade the power
supply.
I went from a 450 to a Galaxy 850 which solved 99% of my problems.
Cheers
Dave
Andy [YaYa]

Re: GAMES SHUTTING DOWN
daverich@hotmail.com wrote in news:ePXiftBrIHA.3680@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> Hi
> I had the same problems and found the answer was to upgrade the power
> supply.
> I went from a 450 to a Galaxy 850 which solved 99% of my problems.

I never remember to check the power supply. I usually go for, Hey, have you
installed any new hardware recently?

--
-A.
daverich@hotmail.com

Re: GAMES SHUTTING DOWN
Hi.
Have installed a Radeon X1950 Pro Grahics card.
Moved away from Geforce as the X1950 was better for games (Bioshock,
Crysis).
Maybe that was the reason I had to up the power supply. Whatever was causing
the problems It was solved when I changed to the 850 power supply.

> Hi.
> Have installed a Radeon X1950 Pro Grahics card.
> Moved away from Geforce as the X1950 was better for games (Bioshock,
> Crysis).
> Maybe that was the reason I had to up the power supply. Whatever was
> causing the problems It was solved when I changed to the 850 power
> supply. Cheers
> Dave

ATi lost my business after 3 of my x800's went bad, their cards are awesome
for games (they design their chips around DirectX, where nvidia designs
their drivers around directx. Gives ATi a slight advantage), but too many
failures for me. nvidias tend to be cheaper for what you get.

--
-A.