Error message on flight simulator 2004

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

SPIDERBAIT

Error message on flight simulator 2004
Hi, I have recently installed flight simulator 2004 on my computer. it has
installed fine but when i go to start the game it says to insert CD4 then
comes up error message cannot locate CD ROM. I have tried most of the trouble
shooting posts but still have the same problem.
I hope you guys can help me out with this and find a solution i am running
it with windows vista basic and hope this is not the problem.

Thank you Kind regards T.Webb
Katy Pluta

Re: Error message on flight simulator 2004
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 07:58:03 -0700, SPIDERBAIT
<SPIDERBAIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, I have recently installed flight simulator 2004 on my computer. it has
>installed fine but when i go to start the game it says to insert CD4 then
>comes up error message cannot locate CD ROM. I have tried most of the trouble
>shooting posts but still have the same problem.
>I hope you guys can help me out with this and find a solution i am running
>it with windows vista basic and hope this is not the problem.
>
>Thank you Kind regards T.Webb

Did you insert CD#4? Maybe your CD drive cannot read the
copy-protection check, are these original CDs? What troubleshooting
steps did you follow? What are your hardware specs?
Rat River Cemetary

SPIDERBAIT wrote:
> Hi, I have recently installed flight simulator 2004 on my computer. it has
> installed fine but when i go to start the game it says to insert CD4 then
> comes up error message cannot locate CD ROM. I have tried most of the trouble
> shooting posts but still have the same problem.
> I hope you guys can help me out with this and find a solution i am running
> it with windows vista basic and hope this is not the problem.
>
> Thank you Kind regards T.Webb

Right click the game shortcut and choose run as administrator. If that
doesn't work then just get the crack for FS2004 so you don't need to
have the cd in the drive.
SPIDERBAIT

"Katy Pluta" wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 07:58:03 -0700, SPIDERBAIT
> <SPIDERBAIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi, I have recently installed flight simulator 2004 on my computer. it has
> >installed fine but when i go to start the game it says to insert CD4 then
> >comes up error message cannot locate CD ROM. I have tried most of the trouble
> >shooting posts but still have the same problem.
> >I hope you guys can help me out with this and find a solution i am running
> >it with windows vista basic and hope this is not the problem.
> >
> >Thank you Kind regards T.Webb

> Did you insert CD#4? Maybe your CD drive cannot read the
> copy-protection check, are these original CDs? What troubleshooting
> steps did you follow? What are your hardware specs?

Thanks for the quick responses, i did download the CDs from Isohunt. I tried
right click and run as administrator it does have a crack with it but when i
try to open it says couldn't load language Resource DLL error file:
D:\Crack\language.dll Error code:0x7E(126) program is aborting.
Have tried several different attempts off the Microsoft flight Sim trouble
shooting page but still no good. Hardware specs sorry am new to computer
operating and do not understand .
Katy Pluta

Re: Error message on flight simulator 2004
>Thanks for the quick responses, i did download the CDs from Isohunt. I tried
>right click and run as administrator it does have a crack with it but when i
>try to open it says couldn't load language Resource DLL error file:
>D:\Crack\language.dll Error code:0x7E(126) program is aborting.
>Have tried several different attempts off the Microsoft flight Sim trouble
>shooting page but still no good. Hardware specs sorry am new to computer
>operating and do not understand .

Well, just go buy the software, it can be had now at a low price then
you won't have a problem running it...