.NET Framework corrupted and software, games and such, cannot play

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Gastroid

.NET Framework corrupted and software, games and such, cannot play
Well, I am having severe .NET Framework 3.0 issues. Every time I try to run a
modern game, the installation fails due to either a C++ error or a 1935
error. I have done some research and found that the games that due not work
require a functional .NET Framework and the errors themselves are attributed
to .NET. I have tried to manually change .NET via Turn Windows features on
and off in the Control Panel.

This failed, as I get errors that .NET cannot be modified. That, and it has
not and will not modify. That means I cannot uninstall it or fix it. I have
talked to the game manufacturers as well as my computer manufacturer
(ibuypower) and we all have agreed that this error is definitely a Microsoft
error.

Any ways to help the situation?
Lee Phillips

Re: .NET Framework corrupted and software, games and such, cannotplay
Gastroid wrote:
> Well, I am having severe .NET Framework 3.0 issues. Every time I try to run a
> modern game, the installation fails due to either a C++ error or a 1935
> error. I have done some research and found that the games that due not work
> require a functional .NET Framework and the errors themselves are attributed
> to .NET. I have tried to manually change .NET via Turn Windows features on
> and off in the Control Panel.
>
> This failed, as I get errors that .NET cannot be modified. That, and it has
> not and will not modify. That means I cannot uninstall it or fix it. I have
> talked to the game manufacturers as well as my computer manufacturer
> (ibuypower) and we all have agreed that this error is definitely a Microsoft
> error.
>
> Any ways to help the situation?

The only thing I can think of (other than a fresh reinstall of Windows)
is to download/install the latest .NET file from Microsoft and hope it
overwrites any corrupted files/settings.

go to www.microsoft.com/downloads and type in '.net framework 3' in the
search box.

There's two entries there that 'may' be useful.... third entry down is
for version 3.5 and right at the bottom is another for version 3.0.
Gastroid

"Lee Phillips" wrote:

> Gastroid wrote:
> > Well, I am having severe .NET Framework 3.0 issues. Every time I try to run a
> > modern game, the installation fails due to either a C++ error or a 1935
> > error. I have done some research and found that the games that due not work
> > require a functional .NET Framework and the errors themselves are attributed
> > to .NET. I have tried to manually change .NET via Turn Windows features on
> > and off in the Control Panel.
> >
> > This failed, as I get errors that .NET cannot be modified. That, and it has
> > not and will not modify. That means I cannot uninstall it or fix it. I have
> > talked to the game manufacturers as well as my computer manufacturer
> > (ibuypower) and we all have agreed that this error is definitely a Microsoft
> > error.
> >
> > Any ways to help the situation?

> The only thing I can think of (other than a fresh reinstall of Windows)
> is to download/install the latest .NET file from Microsoft and hope it
> overwrites any corrupted files/settings.
>
> go to www.microsoft.com/downloads and type in '.net framework 3' in the
> search box.
>
> There's two entries there that 'may' be useful.... third entry down is
> for version 3.5 and right at the bottom is another for version 3.0.

Tim

RE: .NET Framework corrupted and software, games and such, cannot play
I feel your pain, man. I had that problem for three months right after I
installed Vista ultimate 32 on my insane new system. I was so excited as i
installed Crysis, and then I got the 1935 error. I tried it on every new game
I bought and NONE of them worked. I spent hours and hours on the internet
searching for answers and found nothing. Even the .NET 3.0 standalone wouldnt
work. Right before I was going to wipe my computer and install xp pro, i gave
vista another chance and wiped and reinstalled vista. whaddayaknow?
Everything worked perfect after that. Now, I like Vista, and haven't had a
single problem with compatibility or speed. Sorry, but a clean wipe is the
only solution.