civilization iv

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

not sure

civilization iv
I can't get this to install it doesnt even make it pass the install shiled
screen it says

An error {-5009 : 0x8002802b} has occurred while running this setup.
Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other
applications
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Firaxis Games
{##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##}.

Please help thanks.
Dustin Harper

Re: civilization iv
Try rebooting and then right click the setup file and click "Run as
Administrator" and see if that gets it going.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"not sure" <not sure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't get this to install it doesnt even make it pass the install shiled
> screen it says
>
> An error {-5009 : 0x8002802b} has occurred while running this setup.
> Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other
> applications
> If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Firaxis Games
> {##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##}.
>

> Please help thanks.

not sure

Re: civilization iv
it still gives me the same error message

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Try rebooting and then right click the setup file and click "Run as
> Administrator" and see if that gets it going.
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "not sure" <not sure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can't get this to install it doesnt even make it pass the install shiled
> > screen it says
> >
> > An error {-5009 : 0x8002802b} has occurred while running this setup.
> > Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other
> > applications
> > If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Firaxis Games
> > {##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##}.
> >

> > Please help thanks.

VRG Scotty

Re: civilization iv

> it still gives me the same error message

Make sure all yuor drivers and DirectX are up to date, also try turning off
UAC and see if it will install
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

Andy [YaYa]

Re: civilization iv
=?Utf-8?B?bm90IHN1cmU=?= <not sure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I can't get this to install it doesnt even make it pass the install
> shiled screen it says
>
> An error {-5009 : 0x8002802b} has occurred while running this setup.
> Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other
> applications
> If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Firaxis Games
> {##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##}.
>

> Please help thanks.

Delete your windows temp files (run disk clean-up), should help
Installshield.

if that doesn't work what are your system specs? Civ 4 installs on all my
Vista boxes without any tweaking, so it's probably some Vista problem
(meaning your system is not setup correctly or something)

--
-A.
not sure

Re: civilization iv
thanks but neither worked i am running a lap top with intel centrino duo (1.5
ghz) and 2 GB of ram, and intel graphics media x3100 (384mb of *** shared
memory) but it doesnt get passed the install shield, i dont get it i never
had this problem before

"Andy [YaYa]" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?bm90IHN1cmU=?= <not sure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > I can't get this to install it doesnt even make it pass the install
> > shiled screen it says
> >
> > An error {-5009 : 0x8002802b} has occurred while running this setup.
> > Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other
> > applications
> > If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Firaxis Games
> > {##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##}.
> >

> > Please help thanks.

> Delete your windows temp files (run disk clean-up), should help
> Installshield.
>
> if that doesn't work what are your system specs? Civ 4 installs on all my
> Vista boxes without any tweaking, so it's probably some Vista problem
> (meaning your system is not setup correctly or something)
>
> --
> -A.

not sure

Re: civilization iv
I dont know if this helps heres the exact error under details

Error Code: -5009 : 0x8002802b
Error Information:
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (163)
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (391)
>Kernel\Component.cpp (1163)
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (34)
>Ctor\DriverWrapper.cpp (31)
>Kernel\Component.cpp (1152)
>Kernel\CABFile.cpp (384)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1526)

PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##)
PGUID:CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 7.0.6000.16609

"not sure" wrote:

> thanks but neither worked i am running a lap top with intel centrino duo (1.5
> ghz) and 2 GB of ram, and intel graphics media x3100 (384mb of *** shared
> memory) but it doesnt get passed the install shield, i dont get it i never
> had this problem before
>

> "Andy [YaYa]" wrote:
>
> > =?Utf-8?B?bm90IHN1cmU=?= <not sure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >
> > > I can't get this to install it doesnt even make it pass the install
> > > shiled screen it says
> > >
> > > An error {-5009 : 0x8002802b} has occurred while running this setup.
> > > Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other
> > > applications
> > > If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Firaxis Games
> > > {##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##}.
> > >

> > > Please help thanks.

> > Delete your windows temp files (run disk clean-up), should help
> > Installshield.
> >
> > if that doesn't work what are your system specs? Civ 4 installs on all my
> > Vista boxes without any tweaking, so it's probably some Vista problem
> > (meaning your system is not setup correctly or something)
> >
> > --
> > -A.

Andy [YaYa]

Re: civilization iv
Windows XP or Vista? You never posted even your computer model number,
so I still have no idea what kind of computer you're trying this on...
Just that it's a notebook.

Error message seems to indicate XP, but being a Vista Forum...
--quote--
An error {-5009 : 0x8002802b} has occurred while running this setup.
Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other
applications
--endquote--
So..... I don't know, your installer is crashing, before it even gets to
the first screen where you click on Next >? Sounds to me like there's
something wrong with your system. I mean, Installshield is just a
program, if it's crashing there's something going on. Any other programs
not install correctly on your system?

You tried deleting your temp files, humm? Did you check the
Firaxis/activision support site, see if there's maybe some
troubleshooting or if the error has come up before?

-A. - good luck.

> I dont know if this helps heres the exact error under details
>
> Error Code: -5009 : 0x8002802b
> Error Information:
>>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (163)
>>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (391)
>>Kernel\Component.cpp (1163)
>>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (34)
>>Ctor\DriverWrapper.cpp (31)
>>Kernel\Component.cpp (1152)
>>Kernel\CABFile.cpp (384)
>>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1526)

> PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4
> PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##)
> PGUID:CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8
> $11.0.0.28844
> @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 7.0.6000.16609
>
> "not sure" wrote:
>
>> thanks but neither worked i am running a lap top with intel centrino
>> duo (1.5 ghz) and 2 GB of ram, and intel graphics media x3100 (384mb
>> of *** shared memory) but it doesnt get passed the install shield, i
>> dont get it i never had this problem before

>> > Delete your windows temp files (run disk clean-up), should help
>> > Installshield.

bougie

Re: civilization iv

i had a similar problem and found the solution, answer is pretty simple:
if you have windows vista then go to "appData/roaming/installshield
installation information" folder to delete the folder that is giving
installShield some false update information or whatever. in my case it
was {CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3F.. and goes on..
then run the setup again with simple double click..

--
bougie
glagla52

Re: civilization iv

Hi, Please I want to know if sid meier's civilization IV by 2K is
compatible
with windows vista. In the support specifications on the web only is listed
windows XP