MYST III Exile using Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

John Sisker

MYST III Exile using Vista
I managed to load Myst III Exile on my laptop Windows Vista computer. While
it seems to run okay, it could be better. Can anyone recommend what
compatibility settings should be used? Currently, the image is quite small
in the middle of the screen. If I scroll up or down beyond the actual screen
image, it leaves a series on icon hand-prints all over the place. It seems
like something needs a little tweaking to me.

Thanks,
John

VRG Scotty

Re: MYST III Exile using Vista

"John Sisker" <jsisker@sprynet.com> wrote in message
>I managed to load Myst III Exile on my laptop Windows Vista computer. While
>it seems to run okay, it could be better. Can anyone recommend what
>compatibility settings should be used? Currently, the image is quite small
>in the middle of the screen. If I scroll up or down beyond the actual
>screen image, it leaves a series on icon hand-prints all over the place. It
>seems like something needs a little tweaking to me.

Hi John, it sounds like graphics setting, IE set it to full screen in the
game settings.
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

John Sisker

"VRG Scotty" <vrg-scotty@vistareadygames.com> wrote in message

> "John Sisker" <jsisker@sprynet.com> wrote in message
>>I managed to load Myst III Exile on my laptop Windows Vista computer.
>>While it seems to run okay, it could be better. Can anyone recommend what
>>compatibility settings should be used? Currently, the image is quite small
>>in the middle of the screen. If I scroll up or down beyond the actual
>>screen image, it leaves a series on icon hand-prints all over the place.
>>It seems like something needs a little tweaking to me.

> Hi John, it sounds like graphics setting, IE set it to full screen in the
> game settings.
> --
> VRG Scotty
>
> www.vistareadygames.com
> Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any
> problems

I'm still a bit confused. Where do I find game settings? Can I change just
Myst III Exile without affection all the other games?

>> Hi John, it sounds like graphics setting, IE set it to full screen in the
>> game settings.

> I'm still a bit confused. Where do I find game settings? Can I change just
> Myst III Exile without affection all the other games?

I don't know John, I dont have any specs to works with plus I've never
played the game, I was just going with the info you supplied