big fish games

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

yellowmini

big fish games

hi
just got vista and cant download games from big fish have tried various
things
can anybody help
thanks

--
yellowmini
VRG Scotty

Re: big fish games

"yellowmini" <yellowmini.37g8n0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> hi
> just got vista and cant download games from big fish have tried various
> things
> can anybody help
> thanks

but what is the error you are getting?
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

yellowmini

Re: big fish games

not getting any error just downloads about half then it stops and
disappears
have tried disable firewall no joy and everything big fish tell you to
try on threr help site

--
yellowmini
maxmo

Re: big fish games

I've also had the same problem. The games worked until yhe brgining of
March and vista updated and then this problem started. big fish said the
problem was with my virus software but its not.

--
maxmo
yellowmini

Re: big fish games

have it sorted now contacted big fish they sent me this link
'_http://downloads.bigfishgames.com/downloads/gamemanager/bfginstaller.exe_'
(http://downloads.bigfishgames.com/do...ginstaller.exe)
give it a try

--
yellowmini
maxmo

Re: big fish games

Thank you so much!!!!! I probably have 10 emails from them on solving
this problem and all it took was this link. I'm sending this info to the
tech I talked to so he will know about it. lol thanks again

--
maxmo
jrayle

Re: big fish games

Once you have downloaded the file at the link provided, right click on
it and "Run As Administrator". This got rid of the "Run as"
administrator or current user box that kept popping up when the Bigfish
game manager was trying to install new games. If you don't run it as
administrator you get the very same problem popping up that the new game
installs was causing. This fixed the problem for me.

--
jrayle
CC

Re: big fish games
I have been a member of Big Fish Games community for a few years.
I bought this new Gateway puter (which runs Vista 64 bit encryption)
and I cannot even access the site all I get is this d___ 404 error message.
Or the page just sits there like its loading - literally for hours !!

I've gone through all the Security , etc, etc settings
and still no luck. Is it Norton? Gateway itself? That crossed
my mind as Gateway has its own game center.
I've also been prevented from signing up at other games sites which
makes me real suspicious.

Suggestions as to get around this would be appreciated.
Matt Hart

Re: big fish games
I'd uninstall any of gateway's software for one. I'd also throw the computer
in the trash seeing as it's officially cursed by the cow, but at the very
least get rid of their software.

They've been doing this for years, and bigfishgames is quite a big
competitor for them.

They have to promote their games site because they know their computer sells
are rapidly declining from a lack of quality product.

Good news is, all the games you already bought on bigfish can be registered
again through the BFG client, so you don't have to repurchase them. Yay.

"CC" <CC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been a member of Big Fish Games community for a few years.
> I bought this new Gateway puter (which runs Vista 64 bit encryption)
> and I cannot even access the site all I get is this d___ 404 error
> message.
> Or the page just sits there like its loading - literally for hours !!
>
> I've gone through all the Security , etc, etc settings
> and still no luck. Is it Norton? Gateway itself? That crossed
> my mind as Gateway has its own game center.
> I've also been prevented from signing up at other games sites which
> makes me real suspicious.
>
> Suggestions as to get around this would be appreciated.

Brenda61

Re: big fish games

hey I'm having big trouble too with big fish games I hve used it fir
iver a year now but sudden;y I get these messages tsbbwrm.exe has
stopped working and now will close a solution will be sent if one is
found the next day I got this message drmactivator application has
stopped working windows will now close and you will be notified if a
solution is found. I can't play any of my games or activate any that I
have downloaded. can you help?

--
Brenda61
Brenda61's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/60892.htm