Settlers

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Andrew

Re: Settlers
try right clicking on the icon and go to the compatibility tab and set it
for win 98 and run as admi
if that doesn't work try dosbox
"dries" <dries@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I recently bought the settlers, the installation went fine but everytime i
> start up the game my mouse indicator (an iron glove) dissapears.
> Help me pls

Andrew

Re: Settlers
go to www.dosbox.com and click on download.then click on windows and
install.
> Thx for the reply.
> I tried using win 98 but then i couldn't press play.
> I googled for dosbox but which one do i have to download?
>

> "Andrew" wrote:
>
>> try right clicking on the icon and go to the compatibility tab and set it
>> for win 98 and run as admi
>> if that doesn't work try dosbox
>> "dries" <dries@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I recently bought the settlers, the installation went fine but
>> > everytime i
>> > start up the game my mouse indicator (an iron glove) dissapears.
>> > Help me pls

dries

Re: Settlers

"Andrew" wrote:

> try right clicking on the icon and go to the compatibility tab and set it
> for win 98 and run as admi
> if that doesn't work try dosbox
> "dries" <dries@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I recently bought the settlers, the installation went fine but everytime i
> > start up the game my mouse indicator (an iron glove) dissapears.
> > Help me pls

Sema

Re: Settlers

> I recently bought the settlers, the installation went fine but everytime
> start up the game my mouse indicator (an iron glove) dissapears.
> Help me pls

Which Settlers game did you buy? There are around 6 in the series, not
counting various add-ons. Did you really buy the original Settlers from
the mid-nineties?

Gru▀,
Sema
dries

Re: Settler
No I bought the settlers rise of an empire.
And I also noticed that that isn't the only game in which my mouse pointer
dissapaers it does in every single game I play although i didn't change any
settings on my pc

grtz dries

"Sema" wrote:

> > I recently bought the settlers, the installation went fine but everytime
> > start up the game my mouse indicator (an iron glove) dissapears.
> > Help me pls

> Which Settlers game did you buy? There are around 6 in the series, not
> counting various add-ons. Did you really buy the original Settlers from
> the mid-nineties?
>
> Gru├č,
> Sema

Andy [YaYa]

Re: Settler

> "Sema" wrote:

>> > I recently bought the settlers, the installation went fine but
>> > everytime i
>> > start up the game my mouse indicator (an iron glove) dissapears.
>> > Help me pls

In the past if your mouse pointer poofed, it was usually because your video
card driver was having problems drawing the "software" mouse pointer.

Update your video card drivers, should fix the problem. If you don't know
how, i'll need to know your computer make and model.

--
-A.
dries

Re: Settler
Here is the info you asked for:
Make= hewlett-packard
Model=HP pavilion dv9500 notebook pc
processor=intel core duo CPU t7300 2.00 GHz
My video card driver= NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

I'll start looking myself to

Thx!

"Andy [YaYa]" wrote:

> In the past if your mouse pointer poofed, it was usually because your video
> card driver was having problems drawing the "software" mouse pointer.
>
> Update your video card drivers, should fix the problem. If you don't know
> how, i'll need to know your computer make and model.
>
> --
> -A.

dries

Re: Settler
I updated my video card with the update from The HP website.
It still doesn't work!
Do I have to activate the update or change some settings.
Help me pls I am getting desperate .

dwringer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Disable "Pointer Trails" in your control panel mouse settings. That's caused this same problem for me in the past. If you don't have them enabled, then I'm afraid I'm not sure what to suggest other than what's mentioned above.

Perhaps make sure you don't have any other interface "enhancing" software or options set in regards to the mouse (sensitivity and the option to enhance precision would not cause this problem, but maybe some third party app might)