Here is how I finally worked around to installing Riven in Vista 64..
1. Installed Riven on Windows XP, applied Riven 1.02 update
2. Then copied the MHK files from the data directory on each of the CDs
to the data directory of the Riven installation
3. Next step, edited the "riven.cfg" file in C:\Program Files\Riven so
that in each section it reads like:
[ospit] Disc = 5
File_0 = "data/o_data.mhk"
File_1 = "data/o_sounds.mhk"
the "Disc" line reads Disc =0
4. In Riven1, I went to QTWsetup\Win32\express and copied Qt32inst.exe
to my installed Riven folder.
5. Opened MagicIso, and burned Riven folder to DVD (little over 2.7
gb), then copied contents of DVD to my C: drive on Vista 64.
6. Installed Quicktime 2.0
7. Right clicked Riven exe. and set to run in Windows XP SP2
Hope this helps, I've Been playing fine now for two days!