Game and power settings...

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

bimbobo

Game and power settings...
Hi,
when my son plays, the monitor goes in saving mode, and we have to touch the
mouse to regain the images again.
I have latest drivers/update except SP1 because my Vista is in danish.
How comes Vista does not detect activity?
Any suggestion?
Will SP1 solve this issue?

Regards
--
Intel E8400 C2D 3.0
GForce 8600 GTS 512
TheSmuggler

Re: Game and power settings...

I have this same problem when trying to play Crysis, power saves right
after the first load. Unfortunatley I also have SP1, so that isnt the
cause.

--
TheSmuggler
bimbobo

Re: Game and power settings...
well, I hope someone can help then.. it's pretty annoying.
--
Intel E8400 C2D 3.0
GForce 8600 GTS 512

"TheSmuggler" wrote:

> I have this same problem when trying to play Crysis, power saves right
> after the first load. Unfortunatley I also have SP1, so that isnt the
> cause.
>

> --
> TheSmuggler

Andy [YaYa]

Re: Game and power settings...
=?Utf-8?B?YmltYm9ibw==?= <bimbobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> well, I hope someone can help then.. it's pretty annoying.

Your game is more than likely trying to use a monitor refresh setting that
your monitor is not capible of displaying. Not sure if this'll fix your
problem, but you can try...

Right-Click on your Desktop, select Personalize
Go to Display Settings
Click Advanced Settings, then Monitor Tab

Make sure the Screen Refresh Rate is 60hz if you're on an LCD, some screens
go higher, than this, but set it low for troubleshooting. if your "Monitor
Type" doesn't display your computer monitor then you might try rebooting,
Make sure your monitor is turned on when you boot up your system

click ok to accept

I have no idea what game you're trying to play, but you should see if
there's an option to reset the game's configuration. Most games will look
at your system settings when you first start them and try to determine what
setting it should use. If the game folder in your start menu has something
like a "Safe Mode", choose that.

Lots of possibilites here, if your problem isn't resolved, respond and
include the name of the game as well as your SYSTEM SPECS or MAKE/MODEL of
your computer.

--
-A.
Andy [YaYa]

Re: Game and power settings...
"Andy [YaYa]" <android8675@MAPSONhotmail.com> wrote in
news:Xns9A75701B05A42android8675hotmailco@207.46.2 48.16:

> =?Utf-8?B?YmltYm9ibw==?= <bimbobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
>> well, I hope someone can help then.. it's pretty annoying.

> I have no idea what game you're trying to play, but you should see if
> there's an option to reset the game's configuration. Most games will
> look at your system settings when you first start them and try to
> determine what setting it should use. If the game folder in your start
> menu has something like a "Safe Mode", choose that.
>
> Lots of possibilites here, if your problem isn't resolved, respond and
> include the name of the game as well as your SYSTEM SPECS or
> MAKE/MODEL of your computer.

You could also try contacting the game publisher (number for tech support
should be in the manual) for tech support, or check their gaming website,
usually lots of troubleshooting available online.

--
-A.
bimbobo

Re: Game and power settings...
The same monitor a Philips 19" 190X is working fine with XP and same game.
The game is "Transformers The Game".
I have the power settings in Vista and XP Pro set to "turn off monitor 10
minutes"
XP does not turn it off while there is activity on the PC (games), Vista
does anyway.
So this is a Vista bug not detecting activity in the PC

--
Intel E8400 C2D 3.0
GForce 8600 GTS 512

"Andy [YaYa]" wrote:

> "Andy [YaYa]" <android8675@MAPSONhotmail.com> wrote in
> news:Xns9A75701B05A42android8675hotmailco@207.46.2 48.16:
>
> > =?Utf-8?B?YmltYm9ibw==?= <bimbobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >
> >> well, I hope someone can help then.. it's pretty annoying.

> > I have no idea what game you're trying to play, but you should see if
> > there's an option to reset the game's configuration. Most games will
> > look at your system settings when you first start them and try to
> > determine what setting it should use. If the game folder in your start
> > menu has something like a "Safe Mode", choose that.
> >
> > Lots of possibilites here, if your problem isn't resolved, respond and
> > include the name of the game as well as your SYSTEM SPECS or
> > MAKE/MODEL of your computer.

> You could also try contacting the game publisher (number for tech support
> should be in the manual) for tech support, or check their gaming website,
> usually lots of troubleshooting available online.
>
> --
> -A.

Roy Ballew

Re: Game and power settings...
Hmm... that's odd, I haven't seen that with my Vista 64bit Ultimate Sp1..

Maybe it's the game itself.. The only older games that I play is AoE and
AoE 2 and they have been doing alright here..

There is one old DOS game I have which do not have to be installed that
played without problem as well..

Guildwars online was my main game but it's time for a new GW2 to be released
now... lol

--
RJB