Pro Evo Soccer 2008

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

J. H. Vervelde

Pro Evo Soccer 2008
I have the game pro evolution soccer 2008. It works well, except for the fact
that about one time every two hours playing, my screen freezes and my
computer stops working, so i have to restart it. The problem report sais that
the problem is caused by the NVIDIA graphics driver, but that there are no
solutions available. There is a driver on the site of NVIDIA that should
solve certain problems, but that doesn't work on my computer. My graphics
card is a Geforce 8600m GT and according to the requirements description on
the back of the package that should work. Does anyone know what the problem
or, even better, the solution could be?
thanks, J.H. Vervelde
Rat River Cemetary

Re: Pro Evo Soccer 2008
J. H. Vervelde wrote:
> I have the game pro evolution soccer 2008. It works well, except for the fact
> that about one time every two hours playing, my screen freezes and my
> computer stops working, so i have to restart it. The problem report sais that
> the problem is caused by the NVIDIA graphics driver, but that there are no
> solutions available. There is a driver on the site of NVIDIA that should
> solve certain problems, but that doesn't work on my computer. My graphics
> card is a Geforce 8600m GT and according to the requirements description on
> the back of the package that should work. Does anyone know what the problem
> or, even better, the solution could be?
> thanks, J.H. Vervelde

Download 3DMark06 free version. Run the benchmark a few times. If it
makes it through fine then there is nothing wrong with the video card
and it might mean you just need to install newer video driver software.
If it freezes or starts to show graphics glitches then you know there a
an issue with the video card hardware and will need to set up an RMA
with the manufacturer.

http://www.futuremark.com/download/