game stopped working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Hopeful512

game stopped working
I installed Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children and it worked fine. The game
is vista compatible. I quit and shut down the computer. The next time I
started it I got the message Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children has stopped
working. I've tried changing the compatiblity, running it as administrator
and the problem report and solution centre. It just won't run. I've had this
problem with AdAware 2007 but I've got other security software running and I
really like this game! Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I've tried
the game manufacturer's website. They don't know. I'm worried this will
happen with other programs (not just games, lol) and I don't know what to do
if it does.
--
_____________
Vista Home Premium

Neomagic666

Re: game stopped working
Try this site and especially the one about Digital Rights near the bottom.
this sounds like your problem.

http://www.ldw.com/support/faq.php?g...9&q=585#answer

Adaware is now becoming more hassle than the spyware that it removes. I
found the Free AVG spyware remover excellent and it also now monitors in the
background.

"Hopeful512" <Hopeful512@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children and it worked fine. The
>game
> is vista compatible. I quit and shut down the computer. The next time I
> started it I got the message Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children has
> stopped
> working. I've tried changing the compatiblity, running it as administrator
> and the problem report and solution centre. It just won't run. I've had
> this
> problem with AdAware 2007 but I've got other security software running and
> really like this game! Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I've tried
> the game manufacturer's website. They don't know. I'm worried this will
> happen with other programs (not just games, lol) and I don't know what to
> do
> if it does.
> --
> _____________
> Vista Home Premium
> Intel Core TM 2 Duo Processor T5450 1.66GHz, 2MB Cache 667MHz
> 2 GB DDR-11 (677MHz)

Hopeful512

Re: game stopped working
Thanks for your reply. And thanks for looking at the LDW forum. Unfortunately
I bought the game from them!

(BTW The laptop came with a Bull guard trial so I'm using that at the moment
with Spybot Search and Destroy.)
--
_____________

"Neomagic666" wrote:

> Try this site and especially the one about Digital Rights near the bottom.
> this sounds like your problem.
>
> http://www.ldw.com/support/faq.php?g...9&q=585#answer
>
> Adaware is now becoming more hassle than the spyware that it removes. I
> found the Free AVG spyware remover excellent and it also now monitors in the
> background.
>

> "Hopeful512" <Hopeful512@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installed Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children and it worked fine. The
> >game
> > is vista compatible. I quit and shut down the computer. The next time I
> > started it I got the message Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children has
> > stopped
> > working. I've tried changing the compatiblity, running it as administrator
> > and the problem report and solution centre. It just won't run. I've had
> > this
> > problem with AdAware 2007 but I've got other security software running and
> > really like this game! Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I've tried
> > the game manufacturer's website. They don't know. I'm worried this will
> > happen with other programs (not just games, lol) and I don't know what to
> > do
> > if it does.
> > --
> > _____________
> > Vista Home Premium
> > Intel Core TM 2 Duo Processor T5450 1.66GHz, 2MB Cache 667MHz
> > 2 GB DDR-11 (677MHz)

Andy [YaYa]

Re: game stopped working
"Neomagic666" <neomagic666@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Try this site and especially the one about Digital Rights near the
> bottom. this sounds like your problem.
>
> http://www.ldw.com/support/faq.php?g...9&q=585#answer
>
> Adaware is now becoming more hassle than the spyware that it removes.
> I found the Free AVG spyware remover excellent and it also now
> monitors in the background.

AVG Spyware uses the Ewido engine, I think Ewido is still free if you don't
want to pay for AVG Anti-Spyware.

Adaware has been dropping in independant ratings for some time now. It's
still a good program for removal, but for prevention and live monitoring
it's not that great.

I personally just gave up on anti-virus/spyware recently and am currently
running my system "naked". I keep an online and offline backup of my data
now though, which ironically consists mostly of game saves and my job
resume collection.

--
-A.