Well, here it is. Patch version 1.02 has made it's way to the consumers and here are the issues it addresses:
Download Patch 1.02: Here @ Kaos Studios
- Patch for DVD release only.
** Attention Users of TryMedia and Steam - Please visit your vendor for the appropriate patch. **
* Crashes when locking the screen during loads has been fixed (i.e. Using Alt+Tab).
* Server browser will no longer show servers that are not running.
* Alt+Tab will work properly in Windows Media Center.
* Lockups/crashes while “Please Wait” popup is on screen has been fixed.
* Player no longer becomes stuck in an unresponsive menu after quitting a match at the end of a round.
* NAT (Network Address Translation) – Listen Server now shows public IP and can be joined.
* Fix for infinite loops that occasionally appear in single player.
* Fix for hang issue/crash for Chinese and Korean native operating systems.
* Game will no longer crash when the user suspends the game using Ctrl+Alt+Del or Win+L on the splash screen after the game launch.
* New .dll’s to address sound card issues added.
* Fixed Japanese character issue on scoreboards.
* Russian fonts fixed.
* Polish, Chinese, and Czech language support added.
* Player count sort fixed on server browser.
I have been reading a lot of responses to this release and most of them have been negative. Not near enough has been addressed and there are some reporting validation/key code errors as well now. Most of the complaints have been in response to "performance" and from what I read above, they did little to address it. The big thing that was or is supposedly fixed is the "audio" issue. The game crashing and stuttering was addressed as well. When I say "performance", I am talking about in game "FPS" type performance (e.g. before 20fps and now 30fps issues). I am in no way complaining as I am happy with the rate and quality I get already. As stated in my original post, I am just waiting for the multi CPU/GPU fix/add on/tweak/enhancements/whatever. LOL
I will write back to include a report on any performance increase as well as other issues noticed