no sound

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

nasia_sa

no sound
All the Windows Vista games (Mahjong Titans, Burble Place etc ) dont have
sound. I Hear nothing. What can i do?
Andy [YaYa]

Re: no sound
"nasia_sa" <nasiasa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC4394A7-3631-4F9D-9A5A-D4B9F3F0A693@microsoft.com...
> All the Windows Vista games (Mahjong Titans, Burble Place etc ) dont have
> sound. I Hear nothing. What can i do?

Depends, it can be one of 10 different things I can think of off the top of my head, but instead of typing out all 10 solutions I'd rather only type out 1, SOOOO, in order to narrow down the list of choices, I'll need a few things from you.

Computer Make?
Computer Model #?
Vista OS version?

If Make and Model is not available (custom system), please include:

Video card type?
Audio card type?

Some additional information that might be nice, but not necessarily required:

Does sound work in anything else on your computer? (Can you play movies with sound or something else)
Does your computer have all the latest Windows Updates installed?

I really need to save this, it's good.
-A.
nasia_sa

Re: no sound
Hellow Andy [YaYa]
Here they are all you asked for
Computer model : Laptop Toshiba Satellite P100-437
Windows Vista Home Premium and yes I have installed all the latest Windows
Updates
Any other sound work on my computer (I can play movies with sound, I can
hear music, also I hear the sounds when windows starts, ends etc.)
Only the sounds of the games I cant hear
Thank you

"Andy [YaYa]" wrote:

> Depends, it can be one of 10 different things I can think of off the top
> of my head, but instead of typing out all 10 solutions I'd rather only
> type out 1, SOOOO, in order to narrow down the list of choices, I'll need
> a few things from you.
>
> Computer Make?
> Computer Model #?
> Vista OS version?
>
> If Make and Model is not available (custom system), please include:
>
> Video card type?
> Audio card type?
>
> Some additional information that might be nice, but not necessarily
> required:
>
> Does sound work in anything else on your computer? (Can you play movies
> with sound or something else)
> Does your computer have all the latest Windows Updates installed?
>
> I really need to save this, it's good.
> -A.

Andy [YaYa]

Re: no sound
Grate response Nasia,

OK, P100-437 does not exist in the Toshiba database, all the P100 models of Toshiba Satellite computers are something along the lines of: P100-ST1037 through P100-ST9772.

Go to:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t..._sc_modSel.jsp

And see if you can find your Toshiba notebook model

If you find it, click on Downloads on the next page and look for "Driver Sound" under "CATEGORY" heading.

Click on the text next to the First "Driver Sound" you see and then click Download to download that file. Once the file is downloaded to your computer, open it and follow the instructions to install.

Reboot your computer when the new driver has installed and then try the game again.

-A.