Games Explorer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Rodger

Games Explorer
Occassionally when I open games explorer the view keeps changing. Usually I
have it on Medium Icons and then a few times later I open its on Lists, or
details. Any ideas why?
Andy [YaYa]

Re: Games Explorer
"Rodger" <Rodger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8909FB8C-8CAE-434D-B35F-E5B9FCBE5122@microsoft.com...
> Occassionally when I open games explorer the view keeps changing. Usually I
> have it on Medium Icons and then a few times later I open its on Lists, or
> details. Any ideas why?

Because Explorer (the program that composes the windows desktop) sucks ass?

Honestly I could never figure out why, when I want my windows to appear one way, why they revert to other ways. I usually noticed that if you copy a lot of music files into a folder in your user area, that the folder display will change to music and pictures mode which no longer displays stuff like date modified, file size, etc. Instead it's replaced with a bunch of fields that no one ever fills in like "Last played", "Rating", etc.

So yeah, long answer above, short answer, "Explorer Sucks Ass", medium answer "Explorer sssssuuuuuucccccckkkksssss aaaaasssssssssssss!"

Learn to live with it until someone writes an iteration of KDE or Gnome or some other X11 type UI that works with Vista.

-a.
AtlasDark

Re: Games Explorer
Is Vista set to remember individual settings for folders?
Goto Control Panel, Folder Options (or search folder options, it should come
up either way), View tab, check Remember Each Folder's View Settings.

"Rodger" <Rodger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Occassionally when I open games explorer the view keeps changing. Usually
> have it on Medium Icons and then a few times later I open its on Lists, or
> details. Any ideas why?

Rodger

Re: Games Explorer
Yes it's set.