HELP! "Unable to load on Stream"

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Hoolege06

HELP! "Unable to load on Stream"
I am trying to download one of my older games, Close Combat 4: The Battle of
The Bulge, but even when trying to use older versions of Windows doesn't
work. I always get error messages, and one of them is, "Unable to load on
Stream" Or something like that. Anyways, anyone else ever have this problem
or know the solution??? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Colby
Andy [YaYa]

Re: HELP! "Unable to load on Stream"
"Hoolege06" <Hoolege06@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E503BB7-2ECC-460B-BC8D-BD616BA5E145@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to download one of my older games, Close Combat 4: The Battle of
> The Bulge, but even when trying to use older versions of Windows doesn't
> work. I always get error messages, and one of them is, "Unable to load on
> Stream" Or something like that. Anyways, anyone else ever have this problem
> or know the solution??? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
>
> Colby

System Specs, make, model, Vista version running now, etc?

Is Steam running on your system now? Are any other games that normally run on Steam working now (Half Life 2, Counter Strike, etc.)?

Steam has a lot of demo programs, try installing some and see if they work. If you don't have Steam installed, well that could be the problem. Write down the error message if you can. Kindda important to know what's going on before we can help ya.

-A.
VRG Scotty

"Andy [YaYa]" <android8675@mapsonhotmail.com> wrote in message

>System Specs, make, model, Vista version running now, etc?

wish we could have that line pop up before people post, would make things a
lot easier
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

"VRG Scotty" <vrg-scotty@vistareadygames.com> wrote in message news:%23ofslZqjIHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

> "Andy [YaYa]" <android8675@mapsonhotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>System Specs, make, model, Vista version running now, etc?

> wish we could have that line pop up before people post, would make things a
> lot easier
> --
> VRG Scotty

I started phone support for EA back in 1997, haven't found an easy way, no such thing.

EA actually wrote a decent application that when you wanted tech support, you put in the CD, click tech support and it gathers your system info, and asks if you want to email, fax, or phone in your problem. That way we know the customer would have their info right in front of them.

CPU-Z is a good program as is PC Wizard for gathering [accurate] hardware info.

It's harder now I think, so much hardware out there. Hard to believe it's actually more even now than it used to be.

-A.
VRG Scotty

>EA actually wrote a decent application that when you wanted tech support,
>you put in >the CD, click tech support and it gathers your system info, and
>asks if you want to >email, fax, or phone in your problem. That way we know
>the customer would have >their info right in front of them.

>CPU-Z is a good program as is PC Wizard for gathering [accurate] hardware
>info.

>It's harder now I think, so much hardware out there. Hard to believe it's
>actually more >even now than it used to be.

Yup early days where much easier..however just a simple spec list when
posting would do the job and get results a lot quicker
--
Scotty©