Does Half Life 2 Episode One work?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Hank Arnold (MVP)

Does Half Life 2 Episode One work?
I've run Half Life 2 on Vista Home Premium with no problems. I have
tried to install Episode One with no success. I uninstaller HL2 but left
Steam installed. Episode One tells me that there isn't enough space to
run Steam. OK, I uninstall Steam and try again. Steam installs and it
tells me that HL2 Ep1 install will continue. An hour later I return to
find... nothing!

Anyone installed HL2 Episode One under Vista?
--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Patrician

Re: Does Half Life 2 Episode One work?

"Hank Arnold (MVP)" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> I've run Half Life 2 on Vista Home Premium with no problems. I have tried
> to install Episode One with no success. I uninstaller HL2 but left Steam
> installed. Episode One tells me that there isn't enough space to run
> Steam. OK, I uninstall Steam and try again. Steam installs and it tells me
> that HL2 Ep1 install will continue. An hour later I return to find...
> nothing!
>
> Anyone installed HL2 Episode One under Vista?
> --
>
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Server - Directory Services

Yes Hank, HL2 Ep1 and 2 all installed and running OK under Vista 64bit
Business.

Trev

VRG Scotty

> I've run Half Life 2 on Vista Home Premium with no problems. I have tried
> to install Episode One with no success. I uninstaller HL2 but left Steam
> installed. Episode One tells me that there isn't enough space to run
> Steam. OK, I uninstall Steam and try again. Steam installs and it tells me
> that HL2 Ep1 install will continue. An hour later I return to find...
> nothing!
>
> Anyone installed HL2 Episode One under Vista?

Hi Hank, yes it does work with both 32 and 64bit Vista
http://www.vistareadygames.com/showthread.php?t=45
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

dmex

Re: Does Half Life 2 Episode One work?

EP1 and EP2 work perfectly under steam for myself, try lodging a support
ticket with valve https://support.steampowered.com/ they are the only
ones authorized to deal with your problem.

--
dmex
Andy [YaYa]

"Hank Arnold (MVP)" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message news:%231oetONjIHA.6136@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> I've run Half Life 2 on Vista Home Premium with no problems. I have
> tried to install Episode One with no success. I uninstaller HL2 but left
> Steam installed. Episode One tells me that there isn't enough space to
> run Steam. OK, I uninstall Steam and try again. Steam installs and it
> tells me that HL2 Ep1 install will continue. An hour later I return to
> find... nothing!
>
> Anyone installed HL2 Episode One under Vista?

Free up some HD space? I mean if Steam or the game can't find enough space to run... well there's something going on there. Maybe. Odd that HL2 works but Ep1 does not. There's a function built into Steam that "Defrags" the game files, you might try that on all your games, once you get the files downloaded of course.

Vista should defrag automatically if you leave your system running, but might be a good idea to fire it off manually.

That's all I got, system specs.

-A.
Spook 13

Re: Does Half Life 2 Episode One work?
Hi, I got the orange box with all the episodes bundled. It installed fine
and works. I got rid of my seperate games as they did the same to my
computer. Cheers.
http://spookpaleis.myminicity.com/