second life

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

portucare

second life
Hi guys (and girls)
I am totally new to second life and I installed it on my new laptop 15,4
screen (Asus Z53S) dual core T7700, 2GB memory, graffic card Nvidia G Force
8600M GS Vista Home OS, but I don't manage to stay operational (?) more than
a few seconds. I have cabble connection (usually 13500 kps download and 480
upload rate).
What happens is when I start the game I manage to move (walk7fly) for a few
seconds and I imediatly loose all control over my avatar (keeps
walking/flying etc). Is there some adjustment I can do to my settings to be
abble to play (I am truly amazed with it)?
Best thanks for your suggestions.
--
Portucare in distress
Andy [YaYa]

Re: second life
"portucare" <portucare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4B38D24-9960-4FA8-8076-2129C189CD8F@microsoft.com...
> Hi guys (and girls)
> I am totally new to second life and I installed it on my new laptop 15,4
> screen (Asus Z53S) dual core T7700, 2GB memory, graffic card Nvidia G Force
> 8600M GS Vista Home OS, but I don't manage to stay operational (?) more than
> a few seconds. I have cabble connection (usually 13500 kps download and 480
> upload rate).
> What happens is when I start the game I manage to move (walk7fly) for a few
> seconds and I imediatly loose all control over my avatar (keeps
> walking/flying etc). Is there some adjustment I can do to my settings to be
> abble to play (I am truly amazed with it)?
> Best thanks for your suggestions.
> --
> Portucare in distress

No idea, you have a high end gaming notebook there, no reason it shouldn't work. If Second Life is crashing or messing up it's probably the program that's the problem.

Check with Linden Labs, see if there's any known problems with Second Life similar to what you're experiencing.

In the meantime I'd go to http://www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers for your video card and ASUS.com to find audio and chipset drivers for your system.

If all your drivers are up to date then I suggest....

....well, not playing Second Life. It's a really stupid game, and I don't care how much you try to sugar coat it, that whole "game" if you can call it that is just one failed experiment after another.

Watch out for the Yiffers.

-A.
portucare

Re: second life
thanks

--
Portucare in distress

"Andy [YaYa]" wrote:

> "portucare" <portucare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi guys (and girls)
> > I am totally new to second life and I installed it on my new laptop 15,4
> > screen (Asus Z53S) dual core T7700, 2GB memory, graffic card Nvidia G

> Force
> > 8600M GS Vista Home OS, but I don't manage to stay operational (?) more

> than
> > a few seconds. I have cabble connection (usually 13500 kps download and

> 480
> > upload rate).
> > What happens is when I start the game I manage to move (walk7fly) for a

> few
> > seconds and I imediatly loose all control over my avatar (keeps
> > walking/flying etc). Is there some adjustment I can do to my settings to

> be
> > abble to play (I am truly amazed with it)?
> > Best thanks for your suggestions.
> > --
> > Portucare in distress

> No idea, you have a high end gaming notebook there, no reason it shouldn't
> work. If Second Life is crashing or messing up it's probably the program
> that's the problem.
>
> Check with Linden Labs, see if there's any known problems with Second Life
> similar to what you're experiencing.
>
> In the meantime I'd go to http://www.nvidia.com and download the latest
> drivers for your video card and ASUS.com to find audio and chipset drivers
> for your system.
>
> If all your drivers are up to date then I suggest....
>
> ...well, not playing Second Life. It's a really stupid game, and I don't
> care how much you try to sugar coat it, that whole "game" if you can call
> it that is just one failed experiment after another.
>
> Watch out for the Yiffers.
>
> -A.

darth_marcus

Re: second life

portucare;654148 Wrote:
> Hi guys (and girls)
> I am totally new to second life and I ...Portucare in distress

I'm in Second Life for more than a year and I tell you that you DON'T
have any problem with your machine or internet conection. Second Life is
updating from time to time and you need to be patient. Anyway, put the
latest audio&video drivers and reinstall SL, if the problem persists.

Now, for those of you who have Vista Ultimate 64 and play SL, please
tell me how do you describe your graphic experience? I have a good dual
core Intel, nVidia 8800 GTX and I just make the step from a very stable
and smooth XP64 to a very unstable and problem making Ultimate Vista64.
Thanks to this forum, some of the problems were solved , but others
still remains. I put the latest drivers, I updated Vista to SP1 (and
Ultimate Extras and updates are working daily) but I belive that Second
Life is not compatible yet with my windows.

First of all, the graphic really sux. On the late XP64, I played with
all the options at full and very high (from resolution to details etc).
The game was running very, very smooth and was an enjoyable experience.
Now, with Ultimate Vista 64, there is NO screen difference between the
resolutions and details - you may put them at low or at high, you will
see same very poor and low graphic. Also from time to time, the game
freeze and Windows give me a message that I don't have enough memory
which is so very stupid as I have plenty of memory... The
strangest part is that eye-candy nextgen games like Crysis, The Witcher
or Jade Empire are working perectly on my PC...

--
darth_marcus
joel406

Re: second life

Before getting a second life...get a first.

--
joel406
darth_marcus

Re: second life

joel406;688781 Wrote:
> Before getting a second life...get a first.

ha ha ha. You are trying to be sarcastic, right? Latest news: you are
not even inteligent. So keep this crap for yourself. SL is not a game,
but a multiverse. There are dozens of arguments why you can enjoy a
digital life *together* with the first... from all the artistic and
cultural events in SL to the presence of the big corporations and
brands. So go back to minesweeperr and suck your thumb, dude.

--
darth_marcus
Andy [YaYa]

Re: second life
darth_marcus <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in

> joel406;688781 Wrote:
>> Before getting a second life...get a first.

> ha ha ha. You are trying to be sarcastic, right? Latest news: you are
> not even inteligent. So keep this crap for yourself. SL is not a game,
> but a multiverse. There are dozens of arguments why you can enjoy a
> digital life *together* with the first... from all the artistic and
> cultural events in SL to the presence of the big corporations and
> brands. So go back to minesweeperr and suck your thumb, dude.

Dude, Second Life is a game, a really bad game, it's not a life, it's
just a game you can make weird stuff in and animate it. I'm more
interested in SL from a programmer pov, but as a game, almost all of the
people who say they play just creep me out like nobodys business.

I'm glad artists are into it, but it seems to be mostly performance
stuff, and when it seems like the only "art" you ever see coming out of
SL are Unicorn Babies,
(http://www.secondlifeherald.com/slh/...oon-delig.html -
NSFW!) I think it's safe to say there's not much good art coming out of
SL.

....and what the hell is wrong with Mine Sweeper? Dude, them is fightin'
words.

Keep your Second Life out of my life. I know you're entitled to your
opinion, and I RESPECT your opinion, but yes, I've tried SL, it's weird,
and that's my opinion.

--
-A.

Second Life Andrea Falcon microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 1 02-05-2008 15:31
Life Messenger->Posteingang : Life ID Fenster verdeckt Life Hotmail Fenster Erhard Glueck microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.bedienung 0 10-20-2007 08:51
Second Life. Again. Paul Security News 0 08-23-2007 16:30
OT Second Life Julian microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 21 05-17-2007 23:42
Off the wire: Second Life presents real life security risk Steve Security News 0 03-21-2007 01:47