Windows vista uninstall

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

oannamarie

Windows vista uninstall
I have windows vista and it is not compaitble with most of the games I like
to play. I went to compatabilty wizard and went through the process but I am
still unable to open the game. I get a response that says "ths application
can be launched with a relase version of Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT
4.0/2000/XP/Server 2003" I have Windows 98 that I would like to install so I
can play this game. When trying to install Windows 98 it states that it is
not compatible with Vista.

Can I uninstall Vista to install Windows 98?
Olórin

Re: Windows vista uninstall
oannamarie wrote:
> I have windows vista and it is not compaitble with most of the games
> I like to play. I went to compatabilty wizard and went through the
> process but I am still unable to open the game. I get a response that
> says "ths application can be launched with a relase version of
> Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT
> 4.0/2000/XP/Server 2003" I have Windows 98 that I would like to
> install so I can play this game. When trying to install Windows 98 it
> states that it is not compatible with Vista.
>
> Can I uninstall Vista to install Windows 98?

You can't install Windows 98 "on" Vista - they're both Operating Systems. To
take you literally, yes, you *can* remove Vista from your machine and
install Win98 on to it - if you really want to do all that just to play some
games. But then Vista would be gone - and you'd need to reinstall it to have
it back, or be stuck with Win98. And you'd need to do a chunk of reading up
on the subject to be successful.

Alternatively, you could do some research on Compatibility Mode
(http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...tibility-mode/)
which is perhaps more in line with what you're after; on dual-booting (where
you can choose whether to let your computer boot to Windows 98 or to Vista
as it starts up); and on Virtual Machines (which is perhaps the closest to
installing Windows 98 "on" Vista). The last two would also require a fair
bit of boning up by you - I'd start with Compatibility Mode.

VRG Scotty

Re: Windows vista uninstall

"oannamarie" <oannamarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows vista and it is not compaitble with most of the games I like
> to play. I went to compatabilty wizard and went through the process but I
> am
> still unable to open the game. I get a response that says "ths application
> can be launched with a relase version of Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT
> 4.0/2000/XP/Server 2003" I have Windows 98 that I would like to install so
> can play this game. When trying to install Windows 98 it states that it is
> not compatible with Vista.
>
> Can I uninstall Vista to install Windows 98?

Which games? System info?? What version of Vista???
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

Andy [YaYa]

Re: Windows vista uninstall
"VRG Scotty" <vrg-scotty@vistareadygames.com> wrote in message news:OEwmWkQiIHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

> "oannamarie" <oannamarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have windows vista and it is not compaitble with most of the games I like
>> to play. I went to compatabilty wizard and went through the process but I
>> am
>> still unable to open the game. I get a response that says "ths application
>> can be launched with a relase version of Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT
>> 4.0/2000/XP/Server 2003" I have Windows 98 that I would like to install so
>> can play this game. When trying to install Windows 98 it states that it is
>> not compatible with Vista.
>>
>> Can I uninstall Vista to install Windows 98?

> Which games? System info?? What version of Vista???

What Scotty said, if you don't tell us what games we can't tell you if you should in fact try to run it in Vista, or if going with some other method would be easier.

Keep in mind a lot of "Today's" hardware does not have Windows 9x/98/98SE drivers, In other words you might not have drivers for your sound card or video card that you need to run the game in Windows 98.

You'd be BETTER off trying to get the game to run in Vista (read up on how to tweak Vista to run older games), or look into Virtualization (running Windows 98 within Vista using something like Virtual PC 2007, which is free if you have Vista Business or Ultimate).

Installing Windows 98 on a system that came with Vista is probably not a good idea unless you REALLY know what you are doing.

Give us your system information (Make and model, or hardware specifications), and we can probably make a better recommendation.

-A.
Gary Mount

Re: Windows vista uninstall
Virtual PC 2007 is also free and installs and runs with Vista Home Premium.
You will get a message saying that it is not supported when you go to
install it on Home Premium. It is not supported by technical help from
Microsoft, but it installs and runs just fine on Home Premium.

"Andy [YaYa]" <android8675@mapsonhotmail.com> wrote in message
> "VRG Scotty" <vrg-scotty@vistareadygames.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "oannamarie" <oannamarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have windows vista and it is not compaitble with most of the games I
>>>like
>>> to play. I went to compatabilty wizard and went through the process but
>>> am
>>> still unable to open the game. I get a response that says "ths
>>> application
>>> can be launched with a relase version of Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT
>>> 4.0/2000/XP/Server 2003" I have Windows 98 that I would like to install
>>> so
>>> can play this game. When trying to install Windows 98 it states that it
>>> is
>>> not compatible with Vista.
>>>
>>> Can I uninstall Vista to install Windows 98?

>> Which games? System info?? What version of Vista???

> What Scotty said, if you don't tell us what games we can't tell you if you
> should in fact try to run it in Vista, or if going with some other method
> would be easier.
>
> Keep in mind a lot of "Today's" hardware does not have Windows 9x/98/98SE
> drivers, In other words you might not have drivers for your sound card or
> video card that you need to run the game in Windows 98.
>
> You'd be BETTER off trying to get the game to run in Vista (read up on how
> to tweak Vista to run older games), or look into Virtualization (running
> Windows 98 within Vista using something like Virtual PC 2007, which is
> free if you have Vista Business or Ultimate).
>
> Installing Windows 98 on a system that came with Vista is probably not a
> good idea unless you REALLY know what you are doing.
>
> Give us your system information (Make and model, or hardware
> specifications), and we can probably make a better recommendation.
>
> -A.

noname

Re: Windows vista uninstall
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 04:42:01 -0700, oannamarie
<oannamarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have windows vista and it is not compaitble with most of the games I like
>to play. I went to compatabilty wizard and went through the process but I am
>still unable to open the game. I get a response that says "ths application
>can be launched with a relase version of Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT
>4.0/2000/XP/Server 2003" I have Windows 98 that I would like to install so I
>can play this game. When trying to install Windows 98 it states that it is
>not compatible with Vista.
>
>Can I uninstall Vista to install Windows 98?

you're trolling, right?