Cod4

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Ziggy

Cod4

When i put Cod4 in the cd rom does nothing or on any other game i tryed
Blackhawak down i have tryed Joint ops i dont even show the icon like xp
would . The driver is working nothing wrong with it . im gonna have this
Dang vista for a couple of weeks till my other pc gets out of the shop
with xp power surge got to love that. If any one can help me . Also
tryed Command Prompt it would let me log on as admin . Who the heck
would make a program that every one with would have problems you think
they would trouble shoot be for they released it . Please i could use
some help Thanks

--
Ziggy
VRG Scotty

Re: Cod4

"Ziggy" <Ziggy.36cva6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> When i put Cod4 in the cd rom does nothing or on any other game i tryed
> Blackhawak down i have tryed Joint ops i dont even show the icon like xp
> would . The driver is working nothing wrong with it . im gonna have this
> Dang vista for a couple of weeks till my other pc gets out of the shop
> with xp power surge got to love that. If any one can help me . Also
> tryed Command Prompt it would let me log on as admin . Who the heck
> would make a program that every one with would have problems you think
> they would trouble shoot be for they released it . Please i could use
> some help Thanks

Ziggy this might be a daft question but COD4 comes on a DVD, does your
machine have a DVD Drive?....does any disk work in the drive?...if so do you
have autorun disabled?

--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

Ziggy

Re: Cod4

yea its a Dvd+rw cd rom . How would i tell if auto run is disabled ? i
did have it set on delfaut now i set it on Run and install ive tryed
lots of games and noting .when i click on the drive to explore or open
just get a hour glass thing and nothing happens just says (not
responding ) i think im gonna take it back tomarow just got it and cant
even play a game lol .

--
Ziggy
VRG Scotty

Re: Cod4

"Ziggy" <Ziggy.36dsm1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> yea its a Dvd+rw cd rom . How would i tell if auto run is disabled ? i
> did have it set on delfaut now i set it on Run and install ive tryed
> lots of games and noting .when i click on the drive to explore or open
> just get a hour glass thing and nothing happens just says (not
> responding ) i think im gonna take it back tomarow just got it and cant
> even play a game lol .

Yup it sounds like the drive is faulty
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

phats_O

Re: Cod4

I had this problem with cod4 on my xp box(before I had a vista machine).
I had to return the disc and get a new one.

--
phats_O

CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800, 3466 MHz (12 x 289)
Motherboard Name Dell XPS 720
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce 680i SLI
Corsair Dominator Memory 4*1G (DDR2-800 DDR2)o/c 1066
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (768 MB)
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (768 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
hanns-g hg281d 28" lcd
Audio Adapter Creative CA20K1 X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity Audio Processor
Power supply 1kW