Bf2142 Vista Fix Finally!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

StrayRocket

Bf2142 Vista Fix Finally!

I posted this as a reply to the renddx9.dll post but then I noticed that
that post was over a year old so I hope it is ok that I have started a
new post with this fix.

Hello everyone I have the fix you have all been looking so hard for.
The bf2142.exe app crash that shows RendDX9.dll as the problem is in
fact yet another EA problem. The problem is actually quite simple to fix
and it has NOTHING to do with VISTA, it just happens to show up more in
VISTA.

If you run a dual core CPU, such as a Pentium D or AMD X2, or even a
Pentium 4 with HyperThreading, then this is the fix for you. The game
has compatibility issues with dual core CPUs. So not only is there no
performance boost with dual core CPUs, there are actually issues.

All you need to do is set the affinity to 1 or 2. 1 will use CPU 1 and
2 will use CPU 2. I like to use 2 and let 1 run most the other apps. The
easy way to do this is to open up notepad or what ever you want to use
and enter the following:

CD "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142"
start /AFFINITY 2 BF2142.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

Then save the file as BF2142.BAT where ever you want it. Now go enjoy
BF2142 since it will no longer crash randomly.

I hope this helps all of you that have been as frustrated as I have
been for the past few days.

StrayRocket

--
StrayRocket
Jordan

RE: Bf2142 Vista Fix Finally!
Doesn't work at all sorry

"StrayRocket" wrote:

> I posted this as a reply to the renddx9.dll post but then I noticed that
> that post was over a year old so I hope it is ok that I have started a
> new post with this fix.
>
> Hello everyone I have the fix you have all been looking so hard for.
> The bf2142.exe app crash that shows RendDX9.dll as the problem is in
> fact yet another EA problem. The problem is actually quite simple to fix
> and it has NOTHING to do with VISTA, it just happens to show up more in
> VISTA.
>
> If you run a dual core CPU, such as a Pentium D or AMD X2, or even a
> Pentium 4 with HyperThreading, then this is the fix for you. The game
> has compatibility issues with dual core CPUs. So not only is there no
> performance boost with dual core CPUs, there are actually issues.
>
> All you need to do is set the affinity to 1 or 2. 1 will use CPU 1 and
> 2 will use CPU 2. I like to use 2 and let 1 run most the other apps. The
> easy way to do this is to open up notepad or what ever you want to use
> and enter the following:
>
> CD "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142"
> start /AFFINITY 2 BF2142.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1
>
> Then save the file as BF2142.BAT where ever you want it. Now go enjoy
> BF2142 since it will no longer crash randomly.
>
> I hope this helps all of you that have been as frustrated as I have
> been for the past few days.
>
> StrayRocket
>

> --
> StrayRocket

StrayRocket

Re: Bf2142 Vista Fix Finally!

Actually it does work, but I should have given a little more info so
that it would help everyone... sorry.

First, make sure you do all the other fixes which include the following
that I know of and I had already done.

1 Turn OFF UAC
2 Disable Superfetch service
3 delete the radial.cdb file
4 delete the mods folder in your documents\battlefield 2142 folder.
5 DO NOT USE VOIP, be sure to disable it in your games sound settings.
Sorry, but no fix for the VOIP problem at this time.
5 reboot after all of the above and enjoy.

If you want to make this a little easier then copy the following to a
bat file. It will delete the radial.cdb file and the mods folder.

cd "c:\program files\electronic arts\battlefield 2142\
attrib -s -h radial.cdb
del radial.cdb
cd C:\Users\User\Documents\Battlefield 2142
rd /s /q mods

The above is the content of my fix-bf2142.bat file.

I like to use VOIP so I have to run the fix from time to time, but if
you just diable VOIP then you should not need to run it more than once.
Again, I hope this helps. Now if EA would just fix the dang game and
stop being such CODE HOGS.. I have bee writting code since the days of
the tandy and COCO computers. Now WE had to write TIGHT code for those
systems. Oh well, the good ol' days are long gone. Now all we have
left are kiddie coders that don't really care how sloppy the program is
that they write. Sorry, but it really kinda ticks me off that they
actually get paid for such sloppy programming.

StrayRocket
Vista home 32 bit
Playing BF2142 without a hitch!

--
StrayRocket
Thane747

Re: Bf2142 Vista Fix Finally!
HELP-

I am the NEWBE from HECK (not sure if double hockey sticks will get me
kicked) and I just bought BF2142 and loaded it on vista- of course it does
not work and I am way bum'd..... So Mr. Rocket can you give me a little more
explination on your steps (please) I have no idea what a UAC is or superfect
or how to turn them off.

Thanks.

Thane747

"StrayRocket" wrote:

> Actually it does work, but I should have given a little more info so
> that it would help everyone... sorry.
>
> First, make sure you do all the other fixes which include the following
> that I know of and I had already done.
>
> 1 Turn OFF UAC
> 2 Disable Superfetch service
> 3 delete the radial.cdb file
> 4 delete the mods folder in your documents\battlefield 2142 folder.
> 5 DO NOT USE VOIP, be sure to disable it in your games sound settings.
> Sorry, but no fix for the VOIP problem at this time.
> 5 reboot after all of the above and enjoy.
>
> If you want to make this a little easier then copy the following to a
> bat file. It will delete the radial.cdb file and the mods folder.
>
> cd "c:\program files\electronic arts\battlefield 2142\
> attrib -s -h radial.cdb
> del radial.cdb
> cd C:\Users\User\Documents\Battlefield 2142
> rd /s /q mods
>
> The above is the content of my fix-bf2142.bat file.
>
> I like to use VOIP so I have to run the fix from time to time, but if
> you just diable VOIP then you should not need to run it more than once.
> Again, I hope this helps. Now if EA would just fix the dang game and
> stop being such CODE HOGS.. I have bee writting code since the days of
> the tandy and COCO computers. Now WE had to write TIGHT code for those
> systems. Oh well, the good ol' days are long gone. Now all we have
> left are kiddie coders that don't really care how sloppy the program is
> that they write. Sorry, but it really kinda ticks me off that they
> actually get paid for such sloppy programming.
>
> StrayRocket
> Vista home 32 bit
> Playing BF2142 without a hitch!
>

> --
> StrayRocket

Haptenes

Re: Bf2142 Vista Fix Finally!

Hi StrayRocket

Thank you very much for that fix. I have been trying very hard to solve
the problem for hours.

However, now that I done what you said I have a NEW kind of error :

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: BF2142.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4513e406
Fault Module Name: BF2142.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4513e406
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 000065a1
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1036
Additional Information 1: d99a
Additional Information 2: f21e897f42e72fd559b52308e34a563e
Additional Information 3: e25f
Additional Information 4: 0638a4421bec3098c834de2d09fa74b2

Now it's the BF2142.exe file itself that doesn't want to start. Man, I
wonder if I ever gonna be able to play BF2142 one day one my computer.

Can you pelase help me with this?

THank you

--
Haptenes
Haptenes's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50749

http://forums.techarena.in

John Cornish

Re: Bf2142 Vista Fix Finally!
turn off DEP for game

"StrayRocket" <StrayRocket.36psk5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Actually it does work, but I should have given a little more info so
> that it would help everyone... sorry.
>
> First, make sure you do all the other fixes which include the following
> that I know of and I had already done.
>
> 1 Turn OFF UAC
> 2 Disable Superfetch service
> 3 delete the radial.cdb file
> 4 delete the mods folder in your documents\battlefield 2142 folder.
> 5 DO NOT USE VOIP, be sure to disable it in your games sound settings.
> Sorry, but no fix for the VOIP problem at this time.
> 5 reboot after all of the above and enjoy.
>
> If you want to make this a little easier then copy the following to a
> bat file. It will delete the radial.cdb file and the mods folder.
>
> cd "c:\program files\electronic arts\battlefield 2142\
> attrib -s -h radial.cdb
> del radial.cdb
> cd C:\Users\User\Documents\Battlefield 2142
> rd /s /q mods
>
> The above is the content of my fix-bf2142.bat file.
>
> I like to use VOIP so I have to run the fix from time to time, but if
> you just diable VOIP then you should not need to run it more than once.
> Again, I hope this helps. Now if EA would just fix the dang game and
> stop being such CODE HOGS.. I have bee writting code since the days of
> the tandy and COCO computers. Now WE had to write TIGHT code for those
> systems. Oh well, the good ol' days are long gone. Now all we have
> left are kiddie coders that don't really care how sloppy the program is
> that they write. Sorry, but it really kinda ticks me off that they
> actually get paid for such sloppy programming.
>
> StrayRocket
> Vista home 32 bit
> Playing BF2142 without a hitch!
>

> --
> StrayRocket

AvernosTKH

Re: Bf2142 Vista Fix Finally!
Ok I have tried everything that people have listedn and it still crashes. I
checked the log and its shows the culprit RendDX9.Dll. I have Disabled DEP,
UAC, ran the .bat file suggested, tried switching compatability options,
installed DX off the CD and even gone as far as deleting the movie files like
someone suggested on another forum. All my stuff is uptodate. I use Vista
32bit, Geforce 8600m GT, Intel Core Duo 2.4 Ghz.

Im kinda lost.