City of Villians game will not connect

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Rich S.

City of Villians game will not connect
My compute is xp, and I just moved and hooked up with a new internet svc. The
Wildblue Sat high speed. After hooking it up, My on-line game "City of
Villians" will not connect even though I do have internet svc as I can log on
to my aol acct. and internet explorer. I even uninstalled the game and
reinstalled but to no avail. Other programs such as Vent and HeroStats will
connect, only not my game. Please share some advice. Thanks
Dustin Harper

Re: City of Villians game will not connect
Try disabling the Windows Firewall and see if that fixes it. If it does, you
can make an exception in the Firewall that allows the game to play online.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"Rich S." <RichS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My compute is xp, and I just moved and hooked up with a new internet svc.
> The
> Wildblue Sat high speed. After hooking it up, My on-line game "City of
> Villians" will not connect even though I do have internet svc as I can log
> on
> to my aol acct. and internet explorer. I even uninstalled the game and
> reinstalled but to no avail. Other programs such as Vent and HeroStats
> will
> connect, only not my game. Please share some advice. Thanks

Andy [YaYa]

Re: City of Villians game will not connect
"Rich S." <RichS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85A33AA4-BD36-410B-B133-F8EB677EEBFE@microsoft.com...
> My compute is xp, and I just moved and hooked up with a new internet svc. The
> Wildblue Sat high speed. After hooking it up, My on-line game "City of
> Villians" will not connect even though I do have internet svc as I can log on
> to my aol acct. and internet explorer. I even uninstalled the game and
> reinstalled but to no avail. Other programs such as Vent and HeroStats will
> connect, only not my game. Please share some advice. Thanks

Satellite Service? Is it like a DirecTV dish that uses a modem for uploads?

Satellite service isn't all that reliable with a lot of online games because your ping times are usually extremely high. I would call tech support for City of Villains (NC Soft, look in your manual for a contact phone number) and have them troubleshoot your setup. It's either your connection takes too long to respond to the servers or some other setting on your system is causing a problem.

Either way, NC Soft should be able to help.
-A.