Video Card?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Dylan

Video Card?
mmk i got halo 2 for christmas and it said i needed vista.
so i got vista and after i installed it i went on that thing that rates your
PC's performance and it gave me a 1.0
this makes no sense because my computer is awesome. i have an extremely fast
processor, plenty of RAM, and the second best video card available.
and when it gave me a 1.0, it said that the cause of this was because my
video card wasn't good. when i checked on "can you run it?" it said that i
didn't have the video card that i had put in not long ago. so i am asking
this: how come after i installed vista it said my video card was reverted
back to my old one that came with my computer?
Robert McMillan

Re: Video Card?
I am guessing that your computers score of 1.0 was based on when Vista first
installed (and the drivers for your good video card werent installed yet).
Try going to Control Panel -> Performance Information and Tools and running
Update my score. See if this improves your score.
HTH
Robert

"Dylan" <Dylan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> mmk i got halo 2 for christmas and it said i needed vista.
> so i got vista and after i installed it i went on that thing that rates
> your
> PC's performance and it gave me a 1.0
> this makes no sense because my computer is awesome. i have an extremely
> fast
> processor, plenty of RAM, and the second best video card available.
> and when it gave me a 1.0, it said that the cause of this was because my
> video card wasn't good. when i checked on "can you run it?" it said that i
> didn't have the video card that i had put in not long ago. so i am asking
> this: how come after i installed vista it said my video card was reverted
> back to my old one that came with my computer?

Dustin Harper

Re: Video Card?
Do you have the most recent drivers installed for your video card? What card
are you running? Try refeshing the score, as well.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"Dylan" <Dylan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> mmk i got halo 2 for christmas and it said i needed vista.
> so i got vista and after i installed it i went on that thing that rates
> your
> PC's performance and it gave me a 1.0
> this makes no sense because my computer is awesome. i have an extremely
> fast
> processor, plenty of RAM, and the second best video card available.
> and when it gave me a 1.0, it said that the cause of this was because my
> video card wasn't good. when i checked on "can you run it?" it said that i
> didn't have the video card that i had put in not long ago. so i am asking
> this: how come after i installed vista it said my video card was reverted
> back to my old one that came with my computer?

Andy [YaYa]

Re: Video Card?
"Dylan" <Dylan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> mmk i got halo 2 for christmas and it said i needed vista.
> so i got vista and after i installed it i went on that thing that rates
> your
> PC's performance and it gave me a 1.0
> this makes no sense because my computer is awesome. i have an extremely
> fast
> processor, plenty of RAM, and the second best video card available.
> and when it gave me a 1.0, it said that the cause of this was because my
> video card wasn't good. when i checked on "can you run it?" it said that i
> didn't have the video card that i had put in not long ago. so i am asking
> this: how come after i installed vista it said my video card was reverted
> back to my old one that came with my computer?

Vote:

___ Drivers
___ Need more info, Post Specs
___ Installed Vista on a Toaster/Roomba
___ Using built-in video instead of dedicated card
___ Blue
___ No wait... Yellow....

I'll take Drivers for the block Alex.

Drew

Re: Video Card?
I'll take drivers...........now that is funny !!

"Andy [YaYa]" <android8675@mapsonhotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Dylan" <Dylan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> mmk i got halo 2 for christmas and it said i needed vista.
>> so i got vista and after i installed it i went on that thing that rates
>> your
>> PC's performance and it gave me a 1.0
>> this makes no sense because my computer is awesome. i have an extremely
>> fast
>> processor, plenty of RAM, and the second best video card available.
>> and when it gave me a 1.0, it said that the cause of this was because my
>> video card wasn't good. when i checked on "can you run it?" it said that
>> didn't have the video card that i had put in not long ago. so i am asking
>> this: how come after i installed vista it said my video card was reverted
>> back to my old one that came with my computer?

> Vote:
>
> ___ Drivers
> ___ Need more info, Post Specs
> ___ Installed Vista on a Toaster/Roomba
> ___ Using built-in video instead of dedicated card
> ___ Blue
> ___ No wait... Yellow....
>
> I'll take Drivers for the block Alex.

Dylan

RE: Video Card?
Robert and Dustin, thank you very much. i didn't remember to update the
drivers after installing vista, so thats what happened. anyway, thanks, my
performance score is a 5.0 now.

"Dylan" wrote:

> mmk i got halo 2 for christmas and it said i needed vista.
> so i got vista and after i installed it i went on that thing that rates your
> PC's performance and it gave me a 1.0
> this makes no sense because my computer is awesome. i have an extremely fast
> processor, plenty of RAM, and the second best video card available.
> and when it gave me a 1.0, it said that the cause of this was because my
> video card wasn't good. when i checked on "can you run it?" it said that i
> didn't have the video card that i had put in not long ago. so i am asking
> this: how come after i installed vista it said my video card was reverted
> back to my old one that came with my computer?

Andy [YaYa]

Re: Video Card?
Woot!

/emote rocks the Horns for Dylan!

--
Andy
> Robert and Dustin, thank you very much. i didn't remember to update the
> drivers after installing vista, so thats what happened. anyway, thanks, my
> performance score is a 5.0 now.
>
> "Dylan" wrote:
>
>> mmk i got halo 2 for christmas and it said i needed vista.
>> so i got vista and after i installed it i went on that thing that rates
>> your
>> PC's performance and it gave me a 1.0
>> this makes no sense because my computer is awesome. i have an extremely
>> fast
>> processor, plenty of RAM, and the second best video card available.
>> and when it gave me a 1.0, it said that the cause of this was because my
>> video card wasn't good. when i checked on "can you run it?" it said that
>> didn't have the video card that i had put in not long ago. so i am asking
>> this: how come after i installed vista it said my video card was reverted
>> back to my old one that came with my computer?

Naaman

Re: Video Card?
Did you try downloading the latest drivers for your video card? That should
solve your problem.

"Dylan" <Dylan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> mmk i got halo 2 for christmas and it said i needed vista.
> so i got vista and after i installed it i went on that thing that rates
> your
> PC's performance and it gave me a 1.0
> this makes no sense because my computer is awesome. i have an extremely
> fast
> processor, plenty of RAM, and the second best video card available.
> and when it gave me a 1.0, it said that the cause of this was because my
> video card wasn't good. when i checked on "can you run it?" it said that i
> didn't have the video card that i had put in not long ago. so i am asking
> this: how come after i installed vista it said my video card was reverted
> back to my old one that came with my computer?

Chuck

Re: Video Card?
Sounds like you did not uninstall the old video card properly. The typical
method is to force the P/C to properly uninstall (not delete) the old
drivers. A utility from the video card mfr may be necesssary to cleanup
with. The issue I've had problems with involves changing from an ATI video
card to an Nvidia card. Some of the Open GL games think the ATI is still
installed, configure for the ATI card, then error out since the Nvidia card
is actually installed.

news:176074F5-B126-46FD-B9E7-use the ms svga driver,