frontlines fuel of war is not working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

jhon

frontlines fuel of war is not working
i just got this game and is not working on my comp
can you tell me why?
VRG Scotty

Re: frontlines fuel of war is not working

"jhon" <jhon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i just got this game and is not working on my comp
> can you tell me why?

Not a clue, no specs, no error messages, we do our best to help but hey we
aint mind readers
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

danny.s

Re: frontlines fuel of war is not working

Im having the same problem with Frontlines game. Im getting a microsoft
message saying:

Frontlines Game has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Specs on my system are, vista ultimate 64bit,
intel duo core 2.66GHz, Radeon X800 XT Platinum, 4 gigs ram, onboard
intel high definition audio. I already downloaded and installed the
v1.0.1 patch, and the vista hot fix patch. It will load up the fronlines
logo, then it looks like its gonna go into the game, then that message
listed above pops up.

very frustrating....any help?

danny

--
danny.s

"danny.s" <danny.s.36tay9@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Im having the same problem with Frontlines game. Im getting a microsoft
> message saying:
>
> Frontlines Game has stopped working
>
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
> close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
>
> Specs on my system are, vista ultimate 64bit,
> intel duo core 2.66GHz, Radeon X800 XT Platinum, 4 gigs ram, onboard
> intel high definition audio. I already downloaded and installed the
> v1.0.1 patch, and the vista hot fix patch. It will load up the fronlines
> logo, then it looks like its gonna go into the game, then that message
> listed above pops up.
>
> very frustrating....any help?

Hi Danny, have you tried running as administrator? also try turning off UAC
and see if it runs
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

danny.s

Re: frontlines fuel of war is not working

Hey Scotty,

turned off my UAC, tried to find the compatability tab on the
frontlines properties, doesnt have one. Cant figure out how to run the
game as admin. Game still doesnt work, im still getting that message
that the game has stopped working.

danny

--
danny.s
Andy [YaYa]

"danny.s" <danny.s.36u2q7@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message news:danny.s.36u2q7@no-mx.forums.net...

> Hey Scotty,
>
> turned off my UAC, tried to find the compatability tab on the
> frontlines properties, doesnt have one. Cant figure out how to run the
> game as admin. Game still doesnt work, im still getting that message
> that the game has stopped working.
>
> danny

Are you running Vista or XP?

You have to browse to the game directory, usually in c:\program files\company name\frontlines or something like that. Once in there look for the frontlines.exe file, right click, choose properties, if there's no compatibility tab there, then you aren't running Windows 2K/XP/Vista

-A.
danny.s

Re: frontlines fuel of war is not working

Im running Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I already changed it to run as admin, still doesnt work. Im still
getting the Frontlines Game has stopped working, window.

"danny.s" <danny.s.371y24@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Im running Vista Ultimate 64bit.
>
> I already changed it to run as admin, still doesnt work. Im still
> getting the Frontlines Game has stopped working, window.

Hi Danny, there seems to be a lot of problems with Frontlines and 64bit
Vista, the Frontlines: Fuel of War 1.0.2 Patch will soon be available.
http://status.kaosstudios.com/?p=34 this I hope will help
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

danny.s

Re: frontlines fuel of war is not working

i just found out that frontlines game is incompatible with Radeon X800
and X850 video cards. THQ support says that it should have a fix for it
in 2 weeks or so...

hope it works..

danny

--
danny.s
waldorfz

Re: frontlines fuel of war is not working

I seemed to be having the same issue and went out and installed the
latest Ageia Physx drivers and the game now plays perfectly.

And no I don't have a physx card

--
waldorfz