America's Amry installation.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Eric

America's Amry installation.
Whenever I attempt to install the full version of America's Army 2.8.3 I am
informed that that the ISKernel failed to install and that I should make sure
i have authorization on this machine. I am already set as the computer
administrator. Any suggestions?
VRG Scotty

Re: America's Amry installation.

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I attempt to install the full version of America's Army 2.8.3 I
> am
> informed that that the ISKernel failed to install and that I should make
> sure
> i have authorization on this machine. I am already set as the computer
> administrator. Any suggestions?

Yer..try right clicking and running as administrator
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

Eric

>> Yer..try right clicking and running as administrator

>> Ah, so obvious. And it seems to have done the trick. Thank you.

Not a prob..even though you think you're a full admin with full rights in
vista...it seems you aren't...weird I know but M$ think it's a good thing
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

Andy [YaYa]

"VRG Scotty" <vrg-scotty@vistareadygames.com> wrote in message

> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>> Yer..try right clicking and running as administrator

>>> Ah, so obvious. And it seems to have done the trick. Thank you.

> Not a prob..even though you think you're a full admin with full rights in
> vista...it seems you aren't...weird I know but M$ think it's a good thing
> --
> VRG Scotty

Because no one really knows what's going on with their system, just an extra
layer of "Hey are you REALLY SURE you want to install this file into your
OS?"

YES, GOSH DAMNIT! I'M FREAKING SURE! Then when they get so tired of it they
disable it and get a virus.

Dustin Harper

Re: America's Amry installation.
Yea, it seems like a pain in the ass, until it does its job and prevents
some malicous script. Then, it's all worth it.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"Andy [YaYa]" <android8675@mapsonhotmail.com> wrote in message
newsE42404B-5FF9-47AC-97F1-621AB8B43C6F@microsoft.com...
> "VRG Scotty" <vrg-scotty@vistareadygames.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> Not a prob..even though you think you're a full admin with full rights in
>> vista...it seems you aren't...weird I know but M$ think it's a good thing
>> --
>> VRG Scotty

> Because no one really knows what's going on with their system, just an
> extra layer of "Hey are you REALLY SURE you want to install this file into
> your OS?"
>
> YES, GOSH DAMNIT! I'M FREAKING SURE! Then when they get so tired of it
> they disable it and get a virus.

Andy [YaYa]

Re: America's Amry installation.
Yeah, but what's funny is I bet if some malicous script activated UAC,
people would still click on Continue.

"Dude", I got a new Dell for my work with XP Pro on it, 2.4Ghz Core2Duo, 2
Gigs RAM, Quadro 350M video, WXSGA+ monitor panel, beautiful system. I'd
forgotten how much better XP performs on the outside. Were using it for
onsite engineering drawings, It's really fast, and runs really cool. Might
have to try some games on it.

-A.

> Yeah, but what's funny is I bet if some malicous script activated UAC,
> people would still click on Continue.
>
> "Dude", I got a new Dell for my work with XP Pro on it, 2.4Ghz Core2Duo, 2
> Gigs RAM, Quadro 350M video, WXSGA+ monitor panel, beautiful system. I'd
> forgotten how much better XP performs on the outside. Were using it for
> onsite engineering drawings, It's really fast, and runs really cool. Might
> have to try some games on it.

Do it man...you know it's right