The Witcher

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Bighappy82

The Witcher
When I play the Witcher and I get to a certain cut screen, the screen goes
blank. I can still hear ambient noises but can't see or do anything else. I
have the latest patch and the latest graphic drivers. I even uninstalled and
reinstalled the game and still have the same problem. In the Witchers
official website, it talks about a "Hotfix" that I need. I went to the
address,

"support.microsoft.com/kb/940105"

and it even had a specific download for the 64bit version of windows vista.
However, once I download and try to install it, it says, "The update does not
apply to your system"

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this problem, it would be greatly
appreciated!

Dave Cox

Re: The Witcher
=?Utf-8?B?QmlnaGFwcHk4Mg==?= <Bighappy82@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:2AC8BDB6-C57B-4C08-A56C-C176FF599439@microsoft.com:

> When I play the Witcher and I get to a certain cut screen, the
> screen goes blank. I can still hear ambient noises but can't see
> or do anything else. I have the latest patch and the latest
> graphic drivers. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and
> still have the same problem. In the Witchers official website, it
> talks about a "Hotfix" that I need. I went to the address,
>
> "support.microsoft.com/kb/940105"
>
> and it even had a specific download for the 64bit version of
> windows vista. However, once I download and try to install it, it
> says, "The update does not apply to your system"
>
> If anyone has any idea on how to fix this problem, it would be
> greatly
> appreciated!

Check your installed updates You probably already have it installed.

I went through this exact same issue.

--
The most reliable time to upgrade to a new Operating System is at the
end of its life cycle.

Dave
thegr8

Re: The Witcher
I really need help with this too. I have checked my installed updates and its
not in there. and i get "doesnt not apply" error everytime i try. i even
installed vista SP1 and i looked through its documentation and it included
KB940105 update in it. But even after installing SP1 it didnt get installed.
i have searched thoroughly and have found no solution anywhere.

my specs are vista ultimate x86, 2gb ram, C2D 2.0ghz. and no i was not
installing the x64 version of the hotfix.

please help. i need this to play my games....

"Dave Cox" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?QmlnaGFwcHk4Mg==?= <Bighappy82@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in news:2AC8BDB6-C57B-4C08-A56C-C176FF599439@microsoft.com:
>
> > When I play the Witcher and I get to a certain cut screen, the
> > screen goes blank. I can still hear ambient noises but can't see
> > or do anything else. I have the latest patch and the latest
> > graphic drivers. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and
> > still have the same problem. In the Witchers official website, it
> > talks about a "Hotfix" that I need. I went to the address,
> >
> > "support.microsoft.com/kb/940105"
> >
> > and it even had a specific download for the 64bit version of
> > windows vista. However, once I download and try to install it, it
> > says, "The update does not apply to your system"
> >
> > If anyone has any idea on how to fix this problem, it would be
> > greatly
> > appreciated!
> >

> Check your installed updates You probably already have it installed.
>
> I went through this exact same issue.
>
> --
> The most reliable time to upgrade to a new Operating System is at the
> end of its life cycle.
>
> Dave

Dave Cox

Re: The Witcher
=?Utf-8?B?dGhlZ3I4?= <thegr8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
newsD06BD41-B5F4-490B-92E4-5780F57C8831@microsoft.com:

> I really need help with this too. I have checked my installed
> updates and its not in there. and i get "doesnt not apply" error
> everytime i try. i even installed vista SP1 and i looked through
> its documentation and it included KB940105 update in it. But even
> after installing SP1 it didnt get installed. i have searched
> thoroughly and have found no solution anywhere.
>
> my specs are vista ultimate x86, 2gb ram, C2D 2.0ghz. and no i was
> not installing the x64 version of the hotfix.
>
> please help. i need this to play my games....
>
> "Dave Cox" wrote:
>
>> =?Utf-8?B?QmlnaGFwcHk4Mg==?=
>> <Bighappy82@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>
>> > When I play the Witcher and I get to a certain cut screen, the
>> > screen goes blank. I can still hear ambient noises but can't
>> > see or do anything else. I have the latest patch and the latest
>> > graphic drivers. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game
>> > and still have the same problem. In the Witchers official
>> > website, it talks about a "Hotfix" that I need. I went to the
>> > address,
>> >
>> > "support.microsoft.com/kb/940105"
>> >
>> > and it even had a specific download for the 64bit version of
>> > windows vista. However, once I download and try to install it,
>> > it says, "The update does not apply to your system"
>> >
>> > If anyone has any idea on how to fix this problem, it would
>> > be greatly
>> > appreciated!
>> >

>> Check your installed updates You probably already have it
>> installed.
>>
>> I went through this exact same issue.
>>
>> --
>> The most reliable time to upgrade to a new Operating System is at
>> the end of its life cycle.
>>
>> Dave

Just wait for the enhanced version for the witcher.......even
installing the KB940105 hot fix doesn't work.

Hopefully the stability issues they say are fixed with the enhanced
version applies to Vista 32.

If you installed SP1 you defintaly have 940105 installed. That is
why you are getting the prompt you are.