I can't get my PS3 on internet because of DNS

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

confused

I can't get my PS3 on internet because of DNS
When i go to put everything in for the wireless internet i get up to the IP
address when i put it in automaticly it just wont find the IP address. So
when i put it in manually ([i think it is strange because my Default gateway
and my DHCP server and DNS server is the same.] if thats a problem please
tell me) the prime DNS a problem when it gets to the internet connection
part please help
That Guy

Re: I can't get my PS3 on internet because of DNS
You need to ask your ISP for their DNS address.

"confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i go to put everything in for the wireless internet i get up to the
> IP
> address when i put it in automaticly it just wont find the IP address. So
> when i put it in manually ([i think it is strange because my Default
> gateway
> and my DHCP server and DNS server is the same.] if thats a problem please
> tell me) the prime DNS a problem when it gets to the internet connection
> part please help

Dustin Harper

Re: I can't get my PS3 on internet because of DNS
Just use the DNS address from your ISP. Sometimes, it needs to be entered in
manually.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i go to put everything in for the wireless internet i get up to the
> IP
> address when i put it in automaticly it just wont find the IP address. So
> when i put it in manually ([i think it is strange because my Default
> gateway
> and my DHCP server and DNS server is the same.] if thats a problem please
> tell me) the prime DNS a problem when it gets to the internet connection
> part please help

smithy

Re: I can't get my PS3 on internet because of DNS
You should try the ps3 forums, but i did the old ipconfig /all in the
command prompt and it provided me with all the ip and dns servers that the
ps3 and router required

smithy