Need Help

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

LarryM

Need Help
I can not get Neverwinter Nights 2 to install from DVD.
I formated my hard drive now it will not install
I have played it on this computer and with Vista
Any help
Thanks
LarryM
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Need Help
Is the PC reading other DVDs correctly? Is the disk itself scratched or
dirty?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"LarryM" <LarryM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can not get Neverwinter Nights 2 to install from DVD.
> I formated my hard drive now it will not install
> I have played it on this computer and with Vista
> Any help
> Thanks
> LarryM

Andy [YaYa]

Re: Need Help
"LarryM" <LarryM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can not get Neverwinter Nights 2 to install from DVD.
> I formated my hard drive now it will not install
> I have played it on this computer and with Vista
> Any help
> Thanks
> LarryM

Hardware Make/Model?
Make of DVD drive?
Does the DVD work in other computers? Are the other computers running Vista?

Try Opening the DVD, find the Setup.exe icon, and right-click/run as
administrator. Forcing elevation may help.

You could also try compatibility mode. Right click on Setup.EXE on the dvd,
select properties > Compatibility, check first box to set XP compatibility
mode, click OK, run setup normally.

Good luck,
A.

LarryM

Re: Need Help
Thanks guys.
I have try all of this compatibility 95,98,XP.
Still no good.
I have two DVD players on is a burner.
DVD work great.
Just can not find the loading EX.
LarryM

"Andy [YaYa]" wrote:

> "LarryM" <LarryM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can not get Neverwinter Nights 2 to install from DVD.
> > I formated my hard drive now it will not install
> > I have played it on this computer and with Vista
> > Any help
> > Thanks
> > LarryM

> Hardware Make/Model?
> Make of DVD drive?
> Does the DVD work in other computers? Are the other computers running Vista?
>
> Try Opening the DVD, find the Setup.exe icon, and right-click/run as
> administrator. Forcing elevation may help.
>
> You could also try compatibility mode. Right click on Setup.EXE on the dvd,
> select properties > Compatibility, check first box to set XP compatibility
> mode, click OK, run setup normally.
>
> Good luck,
> A.

LarryM

Re: Need Help
G:\ Setup Exe.
Data error(cyclic redundancy check).
This is for both DVD

"LarryM" wrote:

> Thanks guys.
> I have try all of this compatibility 95,98,XP.
> Still no good.
> I have two DVD players on is a burner.
> DVD work great.
> Just can not find the loading EX.
> LarryM
>
> "Andy [YaYa]" wrote:
>
> > "LarryM" <LarryM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I can not get Neverwinter Nights 2 to install from DVD.
> > > I formated my hard drive now it will not install
> > > I have played it on this computer and with Vista
> > > Any help
> > > Thanks
> > > LarryM

> > Hardware Make/Model?
> > Make of DVD drive?
> > Does the DVD work in other computers? Are the other computers running Vista?
> >
> > Try Opening the DVD, find the Setup.exe icon, and right-click/run as
> > administrator. Forcing elevation may help.
> >
> > You could also try compatibility mode. Right click on Setup.EXE on the dvd,
> > select properties > Compatibility, check first box to set XP compatibility
> > mode, click OK, run setup normally.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > A.

Andy [YaYa]

Re: Need Help
See my other response above Larry. You need to post your system
specifications, and try the game on another computer, it's either the DVD is
bad, or your computer is bad. I don't think you need to do Compatibility
switches with NWN2 to get it to run in Vista.

--
Andy