Shadowrun no workey on my Vista machine...

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

DisappointedGamer

Shadowrun no workey on my Vista machine...
I have an xbox live account (I was able to retrieve it and install on my
xbox360, and can login on the xbox live site with the email address and
login), however when I try to login with Shadowrun, it appears to login, then
tels me I need to download an update (I can't run without downloading this
update) and then says it failed to get the update.

This basically sucks - the one game that is Vista only, I have a vista
machine and it doesn't work. Big surprise. Oh and just try to get support
for XLive accounts or Shadowrun on Vista. Good luck. www.shadowrun.com is
no more, and their forums are all gone. Nice job Microsoft.

I get the following error code in my event log:

Log Name: Application
Source: XLive
Date: 2/29/2008 8:54:29 PM
Event ID: 2
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Title Shadowrun.exe (1, 1, 1, 0) XLive 1.2.0241.0
C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll
0x80151002

Live Logon Failed

00:164:EF:0B:35
192.168.2.102
0x0
LogonHR == 0x80150002
Games for Windows LIVE DLL
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="XLive" />
<EventID Qualifiers="32768">2</EventID>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<EventRecordID>17702</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>laptop-os3-01.OS-CUBED.Local</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Shadowrun.exe</Data>
<Data>1, 1, 1, 0</Data>
<Data>1.2.0241.0 C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll</Data>
<Data>
0x80151002

Live Logon Failed

00:164:EF:0B:35
192.168.2.102
0x0
LogonHR == 0x80150002
Games for Windows LIVE DLL</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
Andy [YaYa]

Re: Shadowrun no workey on my Vista machine...
Did you try contacting Games for Windows Live support for help?

Last time I loaded Shadowrun was about a month after it came out, didn't
have any problems.

Any chance Windows Live is down? If it's unable to get the update, maybe
there's something blocking network communication? Lemme see if there's a
place to get a Shadowrun PC patch online...

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/12640 - Shadowrun Support Pages

OMG http://www.shadowrun.com is missing. I heard Microsoft canned FASA, but
I didn't know they took down all their site pages. Too bad. I love FASA
games (Mechwarrior rocked).

I searched for Update on the Shadowrun Support Pages and got...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937379/en-us - Error message when you log on
to Games for Windows LIVE from a Games for Windows title: "Can’t download
the update"

Wow, there are 3 things to try on this page that will probably fix whatever
problem you are having. Check it out and tell us if it worked or not, OK?

The only thing you should be disappointed with at this point is when you get
into Shadowrun and realize you're the only one playing. No idea why the game
didn't do better, it's pretty fun once you get the strategy down.

-A.

"DisappointedGamer" <DisappointedGamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news6087DE0-0B7D-435B-BC34-14E95101C801@microsoft.com...
>I have an xbox live account (I was able to retrieve it and install on my
> xbox360, and can login on the xbox live site with the email address and
> login), however when I try to login with Shadowrun, it appears to login,
> then
> tels me I need to download an update (I can't run without downloading this
> update) and then says it failed to get the update.
>
> This basically sucks - the one game that is Vista only, I have a vista
> machine and it doesn't work. Big surprise. Oh and just try to get
> support
> for XLive accounts or Shadowrun on Vista. Good luck. www.shadowrun.com
> is
> no more, and their forums are all gone. Nice job Microsoft.
>
> I get the following error code in my event log:
>
> Log Name: Application
> Source: XLive
> Date: 2/29/2008 8:54:29 PM
> Event ID: 2
> Task Category: None
> Level: Warning
> Title Shadowrun.exe (1, 1, 1, 0) XLive 1.2.0241.0
> C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll
> 0x80151002
>
> Live Logon Failed
>
> 00:164:EF:0B:35
> 192.168.2.102
> 0x0
> LogonHR == 0x80150002
> Games for Windows LIVE DLL
> Event Xml:
> <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
> <System>
> <Provider Name="XLive" />
> <EventID Qualifiers="32768">2</EventID>
> <Level>3</Level>
> <Task>0</Task>
> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-03-01T01:54:29.000Z" />
> <EventRecordID>17702</EventRecordID>
> <Channel>Application</Channel>
> <Computer>laptop-os3-01.OS-CUBED.Local</Computer>
> <Security />
> </System>
> <EventData>
> <Data>Shadowrun.exe</Data>
> <Data>1, 1, 1, 0</Data>
> <Data>1.2.0241.0 C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll</Data>
> <Data>
> 0x80151002
>
> Live Logon Failed
>
> 00:164:EF:0B:35
> 192.168.2.102
> 0x0
> LogonHR == 0x80150002
> Games for Windows LIVE DLL</Data>
> </EventData>
> </Event>

DisappointedGamer

Re: Shadowrun no workey on my Vista machine...
Andy,

thx for the help - I did try the items on the support page you referenced
first (I'm a Microsoft Systems Engineer - and I hate it when people call for
support and haven't even bothered checking a knowledgebase or for a patch).
I suspect it's trying to download something from the shadowrun site. I can
log into live, and I can use the web to log into Live, so I don't think it's
a firewall issue.

I guess I'll have to try the "Call the support line in India and wait for
someone to walk me through the stuff I already tried" route. I was hoping
someone from MS would get on here and give me the real dope though.

cheers,
Lee

"Andy [YaYa]" wrote:

> [...]
> > 0x0
> > LogonHR == 0x80150002
> > Games for Windows LIVE DLL
> > Event Xml:
> > <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
> > <System>
> > <Provider Name="XLive" />
> > <EventID Qualifiers="32768">2</EventID>
> > <Level>3</Level>
> > <Task>0</Task>
> > <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
> > <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-03-01T01:54:29.000Z" />
> > <EventRecordID>17702</EventRecordID>
> > <Channel>Application</Channel>
> > <Computer>laptop-os3-01.OS-CUBED.Local</Computer>
> > <Security />
> > </System>
> > <EventData>
> > <Data>Shadowrun.exe</Data>
> > <Data>1, 1, 1, 0</Data>
> > <Data>1.2.0241.0 C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll</Data>

jonnyredbeard

Re: Shadowrun no workey on my Vista machine...

I had a similar problem what I had to do is:
1. Unistall the Game
2. Reinstall the Game - Make sure not to start the game tho.
3. Manually install the patch : 'Download details: Shadowrun Vista
TU03'
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en)
4. Start Game and Enjoy.

--