Spider Solitaire false detects "No more possible moves" situation

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Sults

Spider Solitaire false detects "No more possible moves" situation
Sometimes Vistas Spider Solitaire pops up a message "There are no more
possible moves. What do you want to do?", with "End Game" and "Return and try
again" options, even if there actually is a way to continue. This is pretty
annoying, because if you are in the middle of fast dragging of cards, the pop
up message might appear right below the cursor and you might accidentally
press the "End Game" button. I created a short sample video of this bug.
See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1kSqeFVgm4
Please, fix it! There are way too many dialog boxes added into Vistas simple
card games!
new2vista

RE: Spider Solitaire false detects "No more possible moves" situation
You are so right about this game. There are many usability problems with
Spider Solitaire! The idea of keeping game statistics is dumb. There should
be a way to turn them off. This is a game, not some kind of test.

And, the game should model statistical probabilities. I am convinced that
there is logic in this game which prevents a normal distribution of deals to
be made. Only certain deal patterns appear. And, when you have a stack of
cards all in suit order, a card like a king gets dealt onto that stack to
block it. This happens way too often to be statistically probable, there has
to be logic in the program that will block card stacks to make the game
harder.

This game has ceased to be fun. The design needs to be changed to reflect
statistical reality.