Halo 2 for Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Stinger1990

Halo 2 for Vista
Wondering how this game is, what system requirements are. well my computer
can run Gears pretty nice, will it run Halo 2?

Do I need a Gold account to play online, or can I do what I do with gears
and play Live List

and another thing, Can I play with Xbox live players, one of the main
reasons I am getting. I have heard you can, and I have heard you cannot...
What is the truth?

Thank you,
Stinger1990

Kevin

Re: Halo 2 for Vista

"Stinger1990" <willn2010@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Wondering how this game is, what system requirements are. well my computer
> can run Gears pretty nice, will it run Halo 2?
>
> Do I need a Gold account to play online, or can I do what I do with gears
> and play Live List
>
> and another thing, Can I play with Xbox live players, one of the main
> reasons I am getting. I have heard you can, and I have heard you cannot...
> What is the truth?
>

> Thank you,
> Stinger1990

I purchased Halo 2 for Vista PC's and I want my $50 back. The game is
originally designed for the Xbox, and in the porting to a PC version, it's a
bit rough around the edges. The minimum requirements for the game,
according to the information on the box are the following:
Processor: 2 GHz
Memory: 1 GB RAM with 7 GB of free hard drive space
Video Card: Nvidia 6100, ATI X700 or above

My brand new, Dell Inspiron 530 with an Nvidia 128 MB, DirectX 10 video
card, 2 GB of RAM and a dual-core 1.8 GHz Intel processor barely made the
playable requirements. The game played just fine, however.

The most discouraging part of the game is how linear it is and, I hope this
isn't a spoiler for you, the fact that you don't play the entire game as the
Master Chief! As part of the storyline, you play a good portion of the game
as one of the Covenant Elite! I didn't know this when I purchased the game
and I was not happy to encounter this situation in the midst of game play.
It sucks!

And . . . to top it all off . . . there is no ending. Yes, you read that
right. No ending. The game ends in the middle of a level and that's it.
The plan being that you will now, of course, run right off to the store or
go online and purchase Halo 3 to finish this portion of the story started
way back in the original Halo.

My opinion is that this game, Halo 2, can't hold a candle to the game that
set the standard for First Person Shooters, Halo. Halo is by far a superior
production. If you want the game, email me and I'll sell you my copy for
$25, plus a couple of bucks for shipping. I have Halo as well, and if you
want it, I'll throw it in for another $10. Halo will play on your Vista
computer.

a rock lobsta

Re: Halo 2 for Vista
As far as switching characters that is how the game is. it makes sense if
you watch the story and even more when you beat H3 and have everything play
out for you.

"Kevin" wrote:

> "Stinger1990" <willn2010@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Wondering how this game is, what system requirements are. well my computer
> > can run Gears pretty nice, will it run Halo 2?
> >
> > Do I need a Gold account to play online, or can I do what I do with gears
> > and play Live List
> >
> > and another thing, Can I play with Xbox live players, one of the main
> > reasons I am getting. I have heard you can, and I have heard you cannot...
> > What is the truth?
> >

> > Thank you,
> > Stinger1990

> I purchased Halo 2 for Vista PC's and I want my $50 back. The game is
> originally designed for the Xbox, and in the porting to a PC version, it's a
> bit rough around the edges. The minimum requirements for the game,
> according to the information on the box are the following:
> Processor: 2 GHz
> Memory: 1 GB RAM with 7 GB of free hard drive space
> Video Card: Nvidia 6100, ATI X700 or above
>
> My brand new, Dell Inspiron 530 with an Nvidia 128 MB, DirectX 10 video
> card, 2 GB of RAM and a dual-core 1.8 GHz Intel processor barely made the
> playable requirements. The game played just fine, however.
>
> The most discouraging part of the game is how linear it is and, I hope this
> isn't a spoiler for you, the fact that you don't play the entire game as the
> Master Chief! As part of the storyline, you play a good portion of the game
> as one of the Covenant Elite! I didn't know this when I purchased the game
> and I was not happy to encounter this situation in the midst of game play.
> It sucks!
>
> And . . . to top it all off . . . there is no ending. Yes, you read that
> right. No ending. The game ends in the middle of a level and that's it.
> The plan being that you will now, of course, run right off to the store or
> go online and purchase Halo 3 to finish this portion of the story started
> way back in the original Halo.
>
> My opinion is that this game, Halo 2, can't hold a candle to the game that
> set the standard for First Person Shooters, Halo. Halo is by far a superior
> production. If you want the game, email me and I'll sell you my copy for
> $25, plus a couple of bucks for shipping. I have Halo as well, and if you
> want it, I'll throw it in for another $10. Halo will play on your Vista
> computer.

Andy [YaYa]

Re: Halo 2 for Vista
Halo had the worst story arc ever I'm sorry, but Master Chief is a Master
Tool. I passed a better story this morning before my shower.

-A.