starwars battlefront 2

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

LadyDragon

starwars battlefront 2
on starwars battlefront 2 when trying to play the game it lets me get all the
way to trying to start a game and then it shuts down, it doesnt give me any
errors or anything and im running it in compatability mode but it just wont
run the games when i try to play them does anyone know if its just that vista
doesnt allow it or is there something else i need to do (i even run it as
admin)
--
LadyDragon
Dustin Harper

Re: starwars battlefront 2
First, cool name! Second, make sure you have the newest drivers for your
hardware (video card is an important one).

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"LadyDragon" <smokesup@420highway.com> wrote in message
> on starwars battlefront 2 when trying to play the game it lets me get all
> the
> way to trying to start a game and then it shuts down, it doesnt give me
> any
> errors or anything and im running it in compatability mode but it just
> wont
> run the games when i try to play them does anyone know if its just that
> vista
> doesnt allow it or is there something else i need to do (i even run it as
> admin)
> --
> LadyDragon

LadyDragon

Re: starwars battlefront 2
ive done all the updates available for my comp atm i dont know anything else
that will work for it. have you played it on vista yourself?
--
LadyDragon

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> First, cool name! Second, make sure you have the newest drivers for your
> hardware (video card is an important one).
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "LadyDragon" <smokesup@420highway.com> wrote in message
> > on starwars battlefront 2 when trying to play the game it lets me get all
> > the
> > way to trying to start a game and then it shuts down, it doesnt give me
> > any
> > errors or anything and im running it in compatability mode but it just
> > wont
> > run the games when i try to play them does anyone know if its just that
> > vista
> > doesnt allow it or is there something else i need to do (i even run it as
> > admin)
> > --
> > LadyDragon

Andy [YaYa]

Re: starwars battlefront 2
I have, works fine, no tweaks needed, and when you say you've done all
updates are you talking windows updates, or did you go out and find the
latest drivers for your video/sound cards, chipsets, etc? I haven't seen a
computer make or model number, if you know what kind of hardware you have in
your system you might want to list it so we can make better recommendations.

-a.

"LadyDragon" <smokesup@420highway.com> wrote in message
news7C8F96D-A1C8-4549-9ED8-99F6143F18B4@microsoft.com...
> ive done all the updates available for my comp atm i dont know anything
> else
> that will work for it. have you played it on vista yourself?
> --
> LadyDragon
>

> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> First, cool name! Second, make sure you have the newest drivers for
>> your
>> hardware (video card is an important one).
>>
>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>>

>> "LadyDragon" <smokesup@420highway.com> wrote in message
>> > on starwars battlefront 2 when trying to play the game it lets me get
>> > all
>> > the
>> > way to trying to start a game and then it shuts down, it doesnt give me
>> > any
>> > errors or anything and im running it in compatability mode but it just
>> > wont
>> > run the games when i try to play them does anyone know if its just that
>> > vista
>> > doesnt allow it or is there something else i need to do (i even run it
>> > as
>> > admin)

VRG Scotty

Re: starwars battlefront 2

"Andy [YaYa]" <android8675@MAPSONhotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have, works fine, no tweaks needed, and when you say you've done all
>updates are you talking windows updates, or did you go out and find the
>latest drivers for your video/sound cards, chipsets, etc? I haven't seen a
>computer make or model number, if you know what kind of hardware you have
>in your system you might want to list it so we can make better
>recommendations.

Yup agreed I have also had it working without need to mess...and yes it
would help if we new what hardware we were talking about..
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

Warfare

Re: starwars battlefront 2

alright, I am a new user to Vista forums, and i have your solution. I
went into the control panel, Hardware and Sound, Then sound, then I
right clicked on the white box and selected show disabled devices, then
I went into the Recording Tab, and there was a Stereo Mix device
disabled, so I enabled it. Now the game works completely fine now. i
had to do this with my game because when i tried to join a server, the
game crashed to the desktop, the sound still works, you just had to do
what i just told you and it works fine.... spread this around so
everyone else gets their fun playing bf2 =D

--
Warfare