Moving Links From Games Explorer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

niagara94

Moving Links From Games Explorer
Hi - Is there a way to copy all of the games links from the Games Explorer
and move them to a different folder on the desktop? I tried to select all
then copy and past but when I went to paste, the paste option wasn't
available. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go folder
by folder through the Games folder on the hard drive to send all of the links
to the desktop. Thanks!
Andy [YaYa]

Re: Moving Links From Games Explorer
"niagara94" <niagara94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi - Is there a way to copy all of the games links from the Games Explorer
> and move them to a different folder on the desktop? I tried to select all
> then copy and past but when I went to paste, the paste option wasn't
> available. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go
> folder
> by folder through the Games folder on the hard drive to send all of the
> links
> to the desktop. Thanks!

Games Explorer isn't really a folder, what it does is scans your computer
for the games you have an keeps a shortcut organized in this nice little
Microsoft Friendly™ window.

If you want to copy game icons from on spot to another, find the icons in
your start menu under All Programs, and click and drag the icons from there
into another folder on your desktop or something.

You can't copy icons out of Games Explorer, only Hide them from being
displayed. Sorry.

-A.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Moving Links From Games Explorer
Create a shortcut to Games Explorer on the Desktop.

-or-

You may simply copy the links to your preferred location using Windows Explorer. The game shortcuts are stored in the following location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games

--
Regards,

Winhelponline.com blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"niagara94" <niagara94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8836950-C979-43D6-9E08-6DE90D185EAD@microsoft.com...
Hi - Is there a way to copy all of the games links from the Games Explorer
and move them to a different folder on the desktop? I tried to select all
then copy and past but when I went to paste, the paste option wasn't
available. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go folder
by folder through the Games folder on the hard drive to send all of the links
to the desktop. Thanks!
niagara94

Re: Moving Links From Games Explorer
Thank You.