Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Sega Rally Revo compatibility with Windows Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2008
Lynn
 

Posts: n/a
Sega Rally Revo compatibility with Windows Vista
I recently bought and tried to install Sega Rally Revo on my computer running
Windows Vista. I got an error saying the game wasn't compatible. I clicked a
link to check for fixes and saw and downloaded a Patch. When I tried to
install it, it wouldn't work either. Any advise? Thanks.
--
Lynn
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2008
Man-wai Chang ToDie
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Sega Rally Revo compatibility with Windows Vista
Lynn wrote:
> I recently bought and tried to install Sega Rally Revo on my computer running
> Windows Vista. I got an error saying the game wasn't compatible. I clicked a
> link to check for fixes and saw and downloaded a Patch. When I tried to
> install it, it wouldn't work either. Any advise? Thanks.


Did you run the setup.exe as Administrator?
Did you run the game as Administrator?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.2
^ ^ 17:09:01 up 5 days 7:09 0 users load average: 0.05 0.03 0.00
? ? (CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2008
Lynn
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Sega Rally Revo compatibility with Windows Vista
I am the only user on my computer and have Administrator rights, so I would
think so.

Lynn
--
Lynn


"Man-wai Chang ToDie" wrote:

> Lynn wrote:
> > I recently bought and tried to install Sega Rally Revo on my computer running
> > Windows Vista. I got an error saying the game wasn't compatible. I clicked a
> > link to check for fixes and saw and downloaded a Patch. When I tried to
> > install it, it wouldn't work either. Any advise? Thanks.

>
> Did you run the setup.exe as Administrator?
> Did you run the game as Administrator?
>
> --
> @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
> / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
> /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.2
> ^ ^ 17:09:01 up 5 days 7:09 0 users load average: 0.05 0.03 0.00
> ? ? (CSSA):
> http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2008
VRG Scotty
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Sega Rally Revo compatibility with Windows Vista

"Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1DF9498E-F057-49F6-A25C-95AAB1350F83@microsoft.com...
>I am the only user on my computer and have Administrator rights, so I would
> think so.


Nope Vista don't work like that..you need to right click the game exe and
click run as administrator, that is what he is asking
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Down for maintenance

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2008
Man-wai Chang ToDie
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Sega Rally Revo compatibility with Windows Vista
> Nope Vista don't work like that..you need to right click the game exe
> and click run as administrator, that is what he is asking


Or you could disable User Account Control permanently, which is not
recommended.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.2
^ ^ 10:49:02 up 6 days 49 min 0 users load average: 0.01 0.03 0.00
? ? (CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2008
Nak3
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Sega Rally Revo compatibility with Windows Vista

I've downloaded the game...and now each time i try to install i get an
1305.error :S
Saying a file can't be found.


--
Nak3
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SEGA to Release Bleach for Wii and DS Steve Security News 0 07-09-2007 05:09
Talking about Windows Rally Paul Windows Vista Team Blog 0 05-16-2007 20:35
Marvel super trio playing at Sega Steve General Technology News 0 04-18-2007 18:08
Marvel super trio playing at Sega Steve General Technology News 0 04-18-2007 08:47




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:23.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120