the sims

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Manveru

the sims
Hi,
how to run the sims 2 on vista? I have installed it but there is an
"compatibility problem" error and I can't play the game. I have downloaded a
patch to it but did not help. Only splash screen is on the screen and then
system freezes strangely, I can't run task manger nor reebot my computer
even turn it off from the start menu, i can only reset it by pressing the
button on the tower :/
Manv

VRG Scotty

Re: the sims

"Manveru" <manveru1986@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> how to run the sims 2 on vista? I have installed it but there is an
> "compatibility problem" error and I can't play the game. I have downloaded
> a patch to it but did not help. Only splash screen is on the screen and
> then system freezes strangely, I can't run task manger nor reebot my
> computer even turn it off from the start menu, i can only reset it by
> pressing the button on the tower :/

Habe you tried running it in compatibility mode?
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

Dustin Harper

Re: the sims
Make sure you download the more recent driver for your video card. Also, you
might try compatibility mode for that particular game. (right click file,
properties, compatibility, select XP SP2).

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"Manveru" <manveru1986@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> how to run the sims 2 on vista? I have installed it but there is an
> "compatibility problem" error and I can't play the game. I have downloaded
> a patch to it but did not help. Only splash screen is on the screen and
> then system freezes strangely, I can't run task manger nor reebot my
> computer even turn it off from the start menu, i can only reset it by
> pressing the button on the tower :/
> Manv

Manveru

Re: the sims
Eeee... nope, I have the latest driver and I also tried to run it in the
compatibility mode. Vista still displays "this program is not compatible
with windows vista" I was searching information is the sims 2 support pages
and there is "this game is fully compatible with windows vista" damit!
Microsoft says NO, but EA says YES :/

Użytkownik "Manveru" <manveru1986@gmail.com> napisał w wiadomości
> Hi,
> how to run the sims 2 on vista? I have installed it but there is an
> "compatibility problem" error and I can't play the game. I have downloaded
> a patch to it but did not help. Only splash screen is on the screen and
> then system freezes strangely, I can't run task manger nor reebot my
> computer even turn it off from the start menu, i can only reset it by
> pressing the button on the tower :/
> Manv

Dustin Harper

Re: the sims
Doing some research from others that have had similar problems, their
resolution was to uninstall and reinstall the game. That seems to get it
working again.

--

> Eeee... nope, I have the latest driver and I also tried to run it in the
> compatibility mode. Vista still displays "this program is not compatible
> with windows vista" I was searching information is the sims 2 support
> pages
> and there is "this game is fully compatible with windows vista" damit!
> Microsoft says NO, but EA says YES :/
>
> Użytkownik "Manveru" <manveru1986@gmail.com> napisał w wiadomości
>> Hi,
>> how to run the sims 2 on vista? I have installed it but there is an
>> "compatibility problem" error and I can't play the game. I have
>> downloaded a patch to it but did not help. Only splash screen is on the
>> screen and then system freezes strangely, I can't run task manger nor
>> reebot my computer even turn it off from the start menu, i can only reset
>> it by pressing the button on the tower :/
>> Manv

Manveru

Re: the sims
Hmm... nope also, i think that my system don't like those little beings!
Użytkownik "Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> napisał w wiadomości
> Doing some research from others that have had similar problems, their
> resolution was to uninstall and reinstall the game. That seems to get it
> working again.
>

> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "Manveru" <manveru1986@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Eeee... nope, I have the latest driver and I also tried to run it in the
>> compatibility mode. Vista still displays "this program is not compatible
>> with windows vista" I was searching information is the sims 2 support
>> pages
>> and there is "this game is fully compatible with windows vista" damit!
>> Microsoft says NO, but EA says YES :/
>>
>> Użytkownik "Manveru" <manveru1986@gmail.com> napisał w wiadomości
>>> Hi,
>>> how to run the sims 2 on vista? I have installed it but there is an
>>> "compatibility problem" error and I can't play the game. I have
>>> downloaded a patch to it but did not help. Only splash screen is on the
>>> screen and then system freezes strangely, I can't run task manger nor
>>> reebot my computer even turn it off from the start menu, i can only
>>> reset it by pressing the button on the tower :/
>>> Manv

Dustin Harper

Re: the sims
Can you play other games fine?

--

> Hmm... nope also, i think that my system don't like those little beings!
> Użytkownik "Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> napisał w wiadomości
>> Doing some research from others that have had similar problems, their
>> resolution was to uninstall and reinstall the game. That seems to get it
>> working again.
>>

>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>>

>> "Manveru" <manveru1986@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Eeee... nope, I have the latest driver and I also tried to run it in the
>>> compatibility mode. Vista still displays "this program is not compatible
>>> with windows vista" I was searching information is the sims 2 support
>>> pages
>>> and there is "this game is fully compatible with windows vista" damit!
>>> Microsoft says NO, but EA says YES :/

Manveru

Re: the sims
Yes, I can
Użytkownik "Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> napisał w wiadomości
news38F9769-AD51-4A31-946C-35BFD7BFDD4E@microsoft.com...
> Can you play other games fine?
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "Manveru" <manveru1986@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hmm... nope also, i think that my system don't like those little beings!
>> Użytkownik "Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> napisał w wiadomości
>>> Doing some research from others that have had similar problems, their
>>> resolution was to uninstall and reinstall the game. That seems to get it
>>> working again.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Dustin Harper
>>> dharper@vistarip.com
>>> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page

Location: Akihabara
Aoi v1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i have the same problem, i can play resident evil 4, need for speed underground 2, NFS prostreet, etc. but the Sims 2 crashes. i can get into the game, the problem is it just suddenly crashes without warning. i'll try the reinstall and compatibility with XP options and come back to tell what happens.
windyvoice

Re: the sims

"Manveru" <manveru1986@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> how to run the sims 2 on vista? I have installed it but there is an
> "compatibility problem" error and I can't play the game. I have downloaded
> a patch to it but did not help. Only splash screen is on the screen and
> then system freezes strangely, I can't run task manger nor reebot my
> computer even turn it off from the start menu, i can only reset it by
> pressing the button on the tower :/
> Manv

Sims 2 runs fine on Vista. I've been playing it fine on my Vista machine.
It is probably your hardware. It maybe your video card. Check and see if
it is compatible with Sims 2, if it is on board video you probably won't be
able to play it. Go to the site and see the minimum system requirements and
recommended video cards. Also, do you have all the updates for Vista. There
are some compatibility updates for Nvidia if you are running that -
KB940105.