Trouble installing FS9

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Brent

Trouble installing FS9
When I first installed FS9 on my new HP Pavilian I was able to install and
run FS9 (after a few minor tweaks concerning XP compatibility and Windows
Aero). However, I found out that FS9 maybe better off NOT installed in the
program files directory. So I uninstalled FS9 with the intention of
reinstalling it. Now my setup will not run says some program has stopped
from working etc. Even tried creating a new user with admin, turning off
UAC, and was so desperate that I did a complete System RECOVERY.
It still will not install FS9 and others install and run this software and
even I did once. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Katy Pluta

Re: Trouble installing FS9
On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:54:24 -0600, "Brent" <brentbrazeel@cox.net>
wrote:

>When I first installed FS9 on my new HP Pavilian I was able to install and
>run FS9 (after a few minor tweaks concerning XP compatibility and Windows
>Aero). However, I found out that FS9 maybe better off NOT installed in the
>program files directory. So I uninstalled FS9 with the intention of
>reinstalling it. Now my setup will not run says some program has stopped
>from working etc. Even tried creating a new user with admin, turning off
>UAC, and was so desperate that I did a complete System RECOVERY.
>It still will not install FS9 and others install and run this software and
>even I did once. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What is the exact error message that you get? Did the un-install
procedure complete?
Brent

Re: Trouble installing FS9
Greetings Katy,

The exact error message that I am currently getting is: "Microsoft Games
AutoRun/Setup has stopped working " , "A problem caused the program to stop
working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
solution is available."

I am stumped because I installed this before and was sucessful and
completely uninstalling it via the uninstall program.

Thanks for your input on this matter.
Brent