Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

64 Bit Compatible Games

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
=?Utf-8?B?S2VlZXAgT3V0?=
 

Posts: n/a
64 Bit Compatible Games
Can someone please tell me if Halo CE, FEAR, Battlefield 2142, and Half-Life
2 are 64 bit Vista compatable?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
Byron Hinson
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 64 Bit Compatible Games
I believe that all of them are 64-bit compatible. Half Life 2 even has a
special 64-bit version.

--
Byron Hinson
ActiveWin Windows Site: http://www.activewin.com


"Keeep Out" <KeeepOut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4499525E-7C6A-4920-B4AB-4BFF2FDA4704@microsoft.com...
> Can someone please tell me if Halo CE, FEAR, Battlefield 2142, and
> Half-Life
> 2 are 64 bit Vista compatable?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
Dale M. White
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 64 Bit Compatible Games

Though it has a little age on it, Far Cry has a 64bit version. I have the 32
bit version and it works fine udner Vista

"Keeep Out" <KeeepOut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4499525E-7C6A-4920-B4AB-4BFF2FDA4704@microsoft.com...
> Can someone please tell me if Halo CE, FEAR, Battlefield 2142, and
> Half-Life
> 2 are 64 bit Vista compatable?



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBSb3NzaQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: 64 Bit Compatible Games


"Keeep Out" wrote:

> Can someone please tell me if Halo CE, FEAR, Battlefield 2142, and Half-Life
> 2 are 64 bit Vista compatable?


Half Life 2 is hanging for me in Windows Ultimate x64. I assume this is
because it defaults to the 64bit version under a x64 operating system. I am
not sure if this is a hardware issue or a software issue. All other steam
games run fine which leads me to believe that the 64bit version is not
compatible.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RmVuZHJpYw==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: 64 Bit Compatible Games
The hangs could be due to the video/audio card drivers. Many HW makers have
nto finalized stable versions of their drivers.
I own two NVIDIA 7900's and the drivers available today don't yet support
SLI or all the features of the video card. :-(
Perhaps once better drivers are release the games will be more stable.
Until then, I'm dual-booting with XP...


"Mike Rossi" wrote:

>
>
> "Keeep Out" wrote:
>
> > Can someone please tell me if Halo CE, FEAR, Battlefield 2142, and Half-Life
> > 2 are 64 bit Vista compatable?

>
> Half Life 2 is hanging for me in Windows Ultimate x64. I assume this is
> because it defaults to the 64bit version under a x64 operating system. I am
> not sure if this is a hardware issue or a software issue. All other steam
> games run fine which leads me to believe that the 64bit version is not
> compatible.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
F r e e
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 64 Bit Compatible Games
HL2 runs perfect with latest nvidia BETA drivers.



"Fendric" <Fendric@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias news:182719B8-0B10-4BFE-990A-3B4368954B83@microsoft.com...
> The hangs could be due to the video/audio card drivers. Many HW makers
> have
> nto finalized stable versions of their drivers.
> I own two NVIDIA 7900's and the drivers available today don't yet support
> SLI or all the features of the video card. :-(
> Perhaps once better drivers are release the games will be more stable.
> Until then, I'm dual-booting with XP...
>
>
> "Mike Rossi" wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> "Keeep Out" wrote:
>>
>> > Can someone please tell me if Halo CE, FEAR, Battlefield 2142, and
>> > Half-Life
>> > 2 are 64 bit Vista compatable?

>>
>> Half Life 2 is hanging for me in Windows Ultimate x64. I assume this is
>> because it defaults to the 64bit version under a x64 operating system. I
>> am
>> not sure if this is a hardware issue or a software issue. All other
>> steam
>> games run fine which leads me to believe that the 64bit version is not
>> compatible.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista 64 bit and games Davide microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 2 02-28-2007 14:05




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:40.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120