Steel Beasts Gold

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

niagara94

Steel Beasts Gold
Hi - I have a question about Steel Beasts Gold Edition. I'm trying to run it
on Vista and it installs fine. However, when I try to play the game I get a
message that it is missing d3drm.dll. Any ideas on how to make this work?
If I were to find the dll file somewhere and download it would I put it in
the Windows directory or in the directory where the game is? Thanks!
Dustin Harper

Re: Steel Beasts Gold
What version of DirectX does it require? You might try downloading
DirectX 9.0c from Microsoft and install that (it installs some other
components) to see if that works.

DX Link:

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com

niagara94 wrote:
> Hi - I have a question about Steel Beasts Gold Edition. I'm trying to run it
> on Vista and it installs fine. However, when I try to play the game I get a
> message that it is missing d3drm.dll. Any ideas on how to make this work?
> If I were to find the dll file somewhere and download it would I put it in
> the Windows directory or in the directory where the game is? Thanks!

niagara94

Re: Steel Beasts Gold
Hi - Thanks for your reply. Can I install this version of DirectX even
though I have another later version? Will it overwrite my newer version?
Thanks.

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> What version of DirectX does it require? You might try downloading
> DirectX 9.0c from Microsoft and install that (it installs some other
> components) to see if that works.
>
> DX Link:

> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>

> niagara94 wrote:
> > Hi - I have a question about Steel Beasts Gold Edition. I'm trying to run it
> > on Vista and it installs fine. However, when I try to play the game I get a
> > message that it is missing d3drm.dll. Any ideas on how to make this work?
> > If I were to find the dll file somewhere and download it would I put it in
> > the Windows directory or in the directory where the game is? Thanks!

VRG Scotty

Re: Steel Beasts Gold

"niagara94" <niagara94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi - Thanks for your reply. Can I install this version of DirectX even
> though I have another later version? Will it overwrite my newer version?
> Thanks.

you can install DX9 it wont overwrite DX10
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

niagara94

Re: Steel Beasts Gold
Hi - Thanks for letting me know that. I downloaded the file that it was
asking for and put it in the Windows folder and now it runs. I can get into
the game and go to a mission fine. However, once I'm in the mission there is
no picture on the screen. It's black except for the writing that is around
the edges of the frame. On the map screen right clicking will bring up
a menu that will just stay on the screen. Could this be a Direct X issue?
This game requires DirectX 7. Any ideas? Thanks!