HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Andy

HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista
For those having trouble with Dungeon Keeper 2.

Install DK2
Download patch from ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/archive/bullfrog/patches/dk2/
(v1.70)
Right click Desktop Icon, Choose Properties.
Compatibility, set to Windows XP SP2 mode
Check Disable visual themes and desktop composition
Click OK
Run Game.

Worked for me, hope it works for you,
A.

govpod

Re: HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista

i have got this running and more stable than on older os's the site
below has detailed instructions.
'Dungeon Keeper 2 DK2 Cheats - Dungeon Keeper 2 Codes'
(http://www.dk2.webplatez.com)

--
govpod
Andy [YaYa]

Re: HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista
govpod <govpod.3840w7@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in news:govpod.3840w7@no-
mx.forums.net:

> http://www.dk2.webplatez.com

Wow, great little site. I may have to try this game again. I seem to recall
getting this game running was a bit harder than disabling visual themes and
desktop composition, but I may be wrong.

--
-A.
CaliannG

Re: HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista

Thanks to your lovely advise, I finally managed to get DK2 to PLAY on my
Vista laptop...now I am having other problems that I have not had
before.

DK2 worked fine on Vista before i installed the update. I LIKE my
Maidens and Elite Creatures. After I installed the update, nothing.

After following your instructions, it at least boots up, gets me INTO
the game, acts like it is working properly...there is simply one
problem:

No picture where you look at your dungeon heart or click areas to be
dug out. Nothing. Just the Hand of Evil waving over blackness no
matter where you put it.

Everything ELSE shows. All the control panels and everything. Just
nothing in the center.

Am I doomed to play DK2 without the updates, without the neat stuff,
forever?

Peace,
Caliann

P.S. I ran the Update v5.0 package.

--
CaliannG
Wizard of OCD

Re: HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista
I applied the patch and worked just fine for me

Wizard of OCD;754130 Wrote:
> I applied the patch and worked just fine for me

That is very wonderful for you. I wish it had worked so well for me.

I would still like to know if there is something I can do to get the
picture back on DK2....I would very much like to play it WITH the
updates.

Peace,
Caliann

--
CaliannG
Andy [YaYa]

Re: HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista
CaliannG <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in

> Wizard of OCD;754130 Wrote:
>> I applied the patch and worked just fine for me

> That is very wonderful for you. I wish it had worked so well for me.
>
> I would still like to know if there is something I can do to get the
> picture back on DK2....I would very much like to play it WITH the
> updates.
>
> Peace,
> Caliann

Update your drivers on your system, post your system specs here.

SP1 or 0?

--
-A.
n00bie

Re: HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista

Anyone have a more recent link to the patch, or willing to host it?

--
n00bie
tnuts

Re: HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista

I am having the same problem with the picture, my tools and edges show
up but the dungeon heart or areas dug out show nothing. i have tried
playing with the display settings to no avail, and ran the same update
package. does anyone know of a fix for this? CaliannG;753524 Wrote:
> Thanks to your lovely advise, I finally managed to get DK2 to PLAY on my
> Vista laptop...now I am having other problems that I have not had
> before.
>
> DK2 worked fine on Vista before i installed the update. I LIKE my
> Maidens and Elite Creatures. After I installed the update, nothing.
>
> After following your instructions, it at least boots up, gets me INTO
> the game, acts like it is working properly...there is simply one
> problem:
>
> No picture where you look at your dungeon heart or click areas to be
> dug out. Nothing. Just the Hand of Evil waving over blackness no
> matter where you put it.
>
> Everything ELSE shows. All the control panels and everything. Just
> nothing in the center.
>
> Am I doomed to play DK2 without the updates, without the neat stuff,
> forever?
>
> Peace,
> Caliann
>
> P.S. I ran the Update v5.0 package.

--
tnuts
tnuts

Re: HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista

hey, i don't know if you've figured it out or not, but i'd been having
the same problem, and turning off "hardware acceleration" in the game