Best RPG game on Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

peanutjake

Best RPG game on Vista
I finally got a computer fast enough to play games.
My favorites are RPG games.

What is the best RPG game that will work on Vista Home Premium?

Peter Lawton

Re: Best RPG game on Vista
Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion IMHO (It's only single player though)

Peter Lawton

"peanutjake" <peanutjakeNO@SPAMnonesuch.com> wrote in message
>I finally got a computer fast enough to play games.
> My favorites are RPG games.
>
> What is the best RPG game that will work on Vista Home Premium?

Andy [YaYa]

Re: Best RPG game on Vista
"peanutjake" <peanutjakeNO@SPAMnonesuch.com> wrote in message
>I finally got a computer fast enough to play games.
> My favorites are RPG games.
>
> What is the best RPG game that will work on Vista Home Premium?

Umm Baulders Gate II, or Icewind Dale... haha (really old, but really good
RPG games if you can find them)

Bioshock is more action, but has a decent story element.

Call of Cthulu is pretty interesting, a bit gorry though.

Guild Wars: Eye of the North - It's online, but the story mode is pretty fun
in this MMO, no monthly fees either.

Ooo, just found Baulders Gate II on Amazon,
http://www.amazon.com/Baldurs-Gate-U...9445756&sr=1-5

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Get the first one! The second is OK,
but the first one has a better story.

Neverwinter Nights 2, more D&D, but I haven't played it. People are saying
it's good, but I didn't like the first one too much.

Someone already said Oblivion, but I'd like to recommend Elder Scrolls 3:
Morrowind, you can get the GOTY edition for $20, includes the game and 2
expansions. Good stuff.
http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-...445756&sr=1-10

More like strategy, but Amazon lists Civilization 3 (or 4) and Sid Meier's
Pirates! as role-playing games, and I'd gladly recommend both of them.
Pirates can be espically fun.

finally, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is a great adventure point and click
type game. Great story, but maybe not what you were looking for, but just in
case...
http://www.amazon.com/Aspyr-Dreamfal...446116&sr=1-38

Oh, here's Icewind Dale Collection:
http://www.amazon.com/Vivendi-Univer...446116&sr=1-41
(Used only)

Rock...
-A.

RiverDog

Re: Best RPG game on Vista
Two Worlds. Make sure you have all the Vista updates, including KB940105.

World of Warcraft, of course. and Tabula Rasa is coming out soon. Try the
demo if available.

"peanutjake" <peanutjakeNO@SPAMnonesuch.com> wrote in message
>I finally got a computer fast enough to play games.
> My favorites are RPG games.
>
> What is the best RPG game that will work on Vista Home Premium?

Henrik Niesler

Re: Best RPG game on Vista
Oblivion and Two Worlds are great.

but maybe you should take a look at the gothic series,

Gothic 1 and 2 (expansion pack for Gothic 2 is night of the raven), are old,
the graphics outdated but great story.
If your new computer is really fast you can also try Gothic 3 .... Gothic 3
is unfortunally still buggy, but imho the graphics are better than Oblivion
and Two Worlds. the story is not as good as in Gothic 1 and 2 but the eye
candy is great.

You can download free demos, see screenshots and so on here
http://www.worldofgothic.com/

"peanutjake" <peanutjakeNO@SPAMnonesuch.com> wrote in message
>I finally got a computer fast enough to play games.
> My favorites are RPG games.
>
> What is the best RPG game that will work on Vista Home Premium?

Dave Angel

Re: Best RPG game on Vista
I'm playing Titan Quest and loving it so much I got the Immortal Throne
expansion pack!

"Henrik Niesler" <henrik.niesler_dontspamme@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Oblivion and Two Worlds are great.
>
> but maybe you should take a look at the gothic series,
>
> Gothic 1 and 2 (expansion pack for Gothic 2 is night of the raven), are
> old, the graphics outdated but great story.
> If your new computer is really fast you can also try Gothic 3 .... Gothic
> 3 is unfortunally still buggy, but imho the graphics are better than
> Oblivion and Two Worlds. the story is not as good as in Gothic 1 and 2 but
> the eye candy is great.
>
> You can download free demos, see screenshots and so on here
> http://www.worldofgothic.com/
>

> "peanutjake" <peanutjakeNO@SPAMnonesuch.com> wrote in message
>>I finally got a computer fast enough to play games.
>> My favorites are RPG games.
>>
>> What is the best RPG game that will work on Vista Home Premium?

Andy [YaYa]

Re: Best RPG game on Vista
>> "peanutjake" <peanutjakeNO@SPAMnonesuch.com> wrote in message
>>>I finally got a computer fast enough to play games.
>>> My favorites are RPG games.
>>>
>>> What is the best RPG game that will work on Vista Home Premium?

Bioshock, System Shock 2, Balders Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale, Planescape
Torment, Morrowind (Eldar Scrolls 3), Temple of Elemental Evil, WoW, EQ2,
Lord of the Rings: Online, the list goes on and on.

Heard good things about Gothic, but never played. Fable is fun, etc. etc.

PowerUser

Re: Best RPG game on Vista
How fast is fast? 9 million + people play WOW- it's the biggest game in the
world. Check out the trial..