Vista solitaire

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Sarah

Vista solitaire
Does anyone know if I can download the "regular" solitaire game from Windows
XP if I have Vista now? With all the compatibility issues that Vista has, I
didn't know if it's possible to do this.

The solitaire game with Vista is awful!!

Thanks,
Sarah
Terode

RE: Vista solitaire
Sarah , I couldn't agree more. Old Solitaire was relaxing... Vista Sol is
terrible

"Sarah" wrote:

> Does anyone know if I can download the "regular" solitaire game from Windows
> XP if I have Vista now? With all the compatibility issues that Vista has, I
> didn't know if it's possible to do this.
>
> The solitaire game with Vista is awful!!
>
> Thanks,
> Sarah

Dave

Re: Vista solitaire
You can copy the sol.exe from XP and run it on Vista.
Also freecell.exe, but you also need the cards.dll

"Terode" <Terode@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sarah , I couldn't agree more. Old Solitaire was relaxing... Vista Sol is
> terrible
>
> "Sarah" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if I can download the "regular" solitaire game from
>> Windows
>> XP if I have Vista now? With all the compatibility issues that Vista has,
>> didn't know if it's possible to do this.
>>
>> The solitaire game with Vista is awful!!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sarah

Sarah

Re: Vista solitaire
Thanks, Dave,

I already did that and I'm back to happily playing the "old" solitaire.
Funny though, while I was so frustrated with the new Solitaire, I learned how
to play Spider Solitaire on Vista.. go figure :-)

"Dave" wrote:

> You can copy the sol.exe from XP and run it on Vista.
> Also freecell.exe, but you also need the cards.dll
>

> "Terode" <Terode@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sarah , I couldn't agree more. Old Solitaire was relaxing... Vista Sol is
> > terrible
> >
> > "Sarah" wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone know if I can download the "regular" solitaire game from
> >> Windows
> >> XP if I have Vista now? With all the compatibility issues that Vista has,
> >> didn't know if it's possible to do this.
> >>
> >> The solitaire game with Vista is awful!!
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Sarah

Any

Re: Vista solitaire
I fail to understand what is more relaxing or in any way better about the
old Solitaire game. I like playing Solitaire on the computer to relax me and
every since first seeing the new Vista games have been far happier with them
since they are more of what they should be. The old games were so short on
development and flexibilty that they just weren't anywhere near as good as
they should have been. The window isn't resizable on the old game so that if
you'd like to have your cards really big too bad. If you run really low
resolution, for whatever reason that might be, then fine, the cards aren't
minscule. Run 1920 x 1200 on a 24" flat screen and it's nice to have the
cards bigger than a postage stamp. As for more relaxing I really don't get
it. The game plays like Solitaire either version.