How do I deactivate Halo 2 on Vista?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Jaimie

How do I deactivate Halo 2 on Vista?
I want to deactivate Halo 2 on Vista and I do not know how. Please help.
Mark

Re: How do I deactivate Halo 2 on Vista?
I am assuming you want to uninstall the game off the hard disk when you say
"deactivate". Part of the "new standard" for game installs is that the
program icons are gone, so there isn't a "uninstall" icon any more. What you
need to do is go to the control panel. If you are in "Classic View" select
"Programs and Features" and then you can pick Halo2 and click uninstall. If
you are in the "Control Panel Home" view, select "Uninstall a program" under
the "Programs" icon.

Hope that helps!
Mark

"Jaimie" <Jaimie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to deactivate Halo 2 on Vista and I do not know how. Please help.

Andy [YaYa]

Re: How do I deactivate Halo 2 on Vista?
"Jaimie" <Jaimie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to deactivate Halo 2 on Vista and I do not know how. Please help.

You can't, once activated, that's it, you can uninstall the game from the
"Programs and Features" control panel icon, but you can't deactivate Windows
software.

You CAN reactivate the game on a different computer, but you'll probably end
up calling Microsoft's automatied activation line and have to tell them that
the game is only installed on one computer and you uninstalled it off the
old one.

In other words if you're trying to sell the software, make sure you
uninstall your copy first so the other person won't have too much trouble
getting it working.

Good luck,
A.

Jaimie

"Andy [YaYa]" wrote:

> "Jaimie" <Jaimie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to deactivate Halo 2 on Vista and I do not know how. Please help.

> You can't, once activated, that's it, you can uninstall the game from the
> "Programs and Features" control panel icon, but you can't deactivate Windows
> software.
>
> You CAN reactivate the game on a different computer, but you'll probably end
> up calling Microsoft's automatied activation line and have to tell them that
> the game is only installed on one computer and you uninstalled it off the
> old one.
>
> In other words if you're trying to sell the software, make sure you
> uninstall your copy first so the other person won't have too much trouble
> getting it working.
>
> Good luck,
> A.

ok thanks...