Battlefield 2142 punkbuster

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

camalyto52

Battlefield 2142 punkbuster
Hello

I had have windows Xp, In which I installed battlefield 2142 and I could
play it all day
but I change my operative system to Windows Vista Home Premium
and I installed battlefield 2142, but now when I'm in the game playing
always punkbuster kick me out of the game

I wounder if Windows Vista has something to do with this issue
Frenchy

Re: Battlefield 2142 punkbuster

"camalyto52" <camalyto52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I had have windows Xp, In which I installed battlefield 2142 and I could
> play it all day
> but I change my operative system to Windows Vista Home Premium
> and I installed battlefield 2142, but now when I'm in the game playing
> always punkbuster kick me out of the game
>
> I wounder if Windows Vista has something to do with this issue

There has been an ongoing Punkbuster problem for many (since about 1 Aug),
not just Vista. If you get the error message

Problems with Server Communications and disconnected after 0 Mins with
PnkbstrA.exe

Download the file pbsvc.exe from

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Run the program, it may ask to remove old Punkbuster, if so let it and run
the program again to manually install latest.

At the end, there is a neat Punkbuster checking utility and it makes sure
everything is working fine

Frenchy

Vampros

Re: Battlefield 2142 punkbuster
i have been having similar problems, using the punkbuster soft ware is a
really good start, and most ppl will find that it has fixed their issue...but
mine is a little more complex. i have tracked the issue with pnkbstrb.exe to
the system regestry, and the fact that punkbuster when applying the regestry
keys for pnkbstra and b cant right the regestry info to
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root " because windows blockes
ant attemp to right to this path, any help on how to get around this?
Vampros

Re: Battlefield 2142 punkbuster
actually i think that prog fixed my issues, cheers dude
Logic

Re: Battlefield 2142 punkbuster

i m having the same issue with the error message. i recently got a
replacement laptop with vista and have the same problem. i was told it
could be a firewall too. i m not the greatest computer person here and
as far as manuelly installing punk buster i m confussed here.... can
some on do a step by step proceedure on the installing the punkbuster
manuelly thx....

--
Logic
VRG Scotty

"Logic" <Logic.344al3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> i m having the same issue with the error message. i recently got a
> replacement laptop with vista and have the same problem. i was told it
> could be a firewall too. i m not the greatest computer person here and
> as far as manuelly installing punk buster i m confussed here.... can
> some on do a step by step proceedure on the installing the punkbuster
> manuelly thx....

Punkbuster is installed with the game, however you might need it updating so
do this...
run the punkbuster setup from here
http://www.scottykone.karoo.net/pbsetup.exe then click add a game then find
Battlefield 2142 then click update.
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

Trivitium

Re: Battlefield 2142 punkbuster

I was having the same problem as you all. I did a search online and
found some pretty wild fixes for the issue that required redoing this
and downloading that etc. I was able to fix the problem fairly quickly
actually and it was painless. Right click on the desktop icon for BF2142
and goto Properties. Then, go to Compatibility and select Windows XP for
Compatibility mode (make sure you check the box as well) and make the
Privilege Level - Administrator. Boom. The only downside is that you're
running at 32 bit, but at least you're playing! Have fun.

--
Trivitium
Synthetics666

Re: Battlefield 2142 punkbuster

ok i have done what you have said and i still am getting kicked after
like a min or so. What could be the problem?

--
Synthetics666
Synthetics666's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/synthetics666.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Christian B.

"Synthetics666" wrote:

> ok i have done what you have said and i still am getting kicked after
> like a min or so. What could be the problem?
>

> --
> Synthetics666
> Synthetics666's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/synthetics666.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...mes/799414.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Hi,

launching BF as an admin should help, if you haven`t already done it.
Synthetics666

Christian B.;4065426 Wrote:
> "Synthetics666" wrote:
>

> > ok i have done what you have said and i still am getting kicked

> after
> > like a min or so. What could be the problem?
> >

> > --
> > Synthetics666

> > Synthetics666's Profile:

> http://forums.techarena.in/members/synthetics666.htm
> > View this thread:

> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...mes/799414.htm
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in
> >

> Hi,
>
> launching BF as an admin should help, if you haven`t already done it.

hmm well being its my laptop it is on admin.. i could always check
again. but if it doesn't work what do you think it could be?