Halo 2 Multiplayer: "No profile found."

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Bryan Harper

Halo 2 Multiplayer: "No profile found."
After installing and patching Halo 2, I was prompted to create an Xbox Live
account. So I did, and attatched the included Gold Trial to it, and when the
account was created, Halo asked me to input the info I just made. So I did.
It logged me into Live. It downloaded the profile, and said it had to
restart. So I let it.

Ever since then, it logs me into Live everytime I start the game. However,
whenever I click on "live", it says "No profile found." and prompts me to
create another Xbox Live account. It does this forever.

I've tried re-installing and creating another Xbox Live account, and neither
have helped. I can't play online multiplayer games, and I can't earn
achievements in single-player mode because it says I'm not logged into Live,
even though the game tells me that I am. I've looked for anyone else having
this problem, but it seems I'm all alone!

If anyone has some insight to share, I'd really appreciate it. =)
Andy [YaYa]

Re: Halo 2 Multiplayer: "No profile found."
"Bryan Harper" <BryanHarper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing and patching Halo 2, I was prompted to create an Xbox
> Live
> account. So I did, and attatched the included Gold Trial to it, and when
> the
> account was created, Halo asked me to input the info I just made. So I
> did.
> It logged me into Live. It downloaded the profile, and said it had to
> restart. So I let it.
>
> Ever since then, it logs me into Live everytime I start the game.
> However,
> whenever I click on "live", it says "No profile found." and prompts me to
> create another Xbox Live account. It does this forever.
>
> I've tried re-installing and creating another Xbox Live account, and
> neither
> have helped. I can't play online multiplayer games, and I can't earn
> achievements in single-player mode because it says I'm not logged into
> Live,
> even though the game tells me that I am. I've looked for anyone else
> having
> this problem, but it seems I'm all alone!
>
> If anyone has some insight to share, I'd really appreciate it. =)

When it prompts you to create an account can't you just login using the
passport.net account you just made?

Go to http://www.xbox.com and see if you can login (via your Passport.Net
info) to the site, it should bring up your profile tag, and any other
information.

If you're having problems, find the support link and call Microsoft.

Bryan Harper

Re: Halo 2 Multiplayer: "No profile found."
Actually, it appears that the first time it claimed it was downloading the
profile for the account and demanded a restart it was, in fact, lying.
Repeating the process sucessfully attatched the LIVE account to the local
profile.

Whoops. =)

Thanks!

> Actually, it appears that the first time it claimed it was downloading the
> profile for the account and demanded a restart it was, in fact, lying.
> Repeating the process sucessfully attatched the LIVE account to the local
> profile.

Programs can lie now?

Crap, I swear keeping a coding background has GOT to be the hardest
profession ever!