Do NTFS File Permissions migrate with Acronis backups to different drives ??

Synapse Syndrome

Do NTFS File Permissions migrate with Acronis backups to different drives ??
If I move data from one partition to another one, through an Acronis
TrueImage backup, will the NTFS permission be transferred as well, or will
they be reset to the standard permissions already set on the target
partitions?

Cheers

ss.

George Valkov

Re: Do NTFS File Permissions migrate with Acronis backups to different drives ??
I do not know about Acronis (I never used it), but If you use ntbackup.exe,
You will be fine. You can also use WinRAR, there is an option to store the
NTFS permitions and alternate data stream in the backup.

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote:
> If I move data from one partition to another one, through an Acronis
> TrueImage backup, will the NTFS permission be transferred as well, or will
> they be reset to the standard permissions already set on the target
> partitions?
>
> Cheers
>
> ss.

Synapse Syndrome

"George Valkov" <a@b.com> wrote in message
>I do not know about Acronis (I never used it), but If you use ntbackup.exe,
>You will be fine. You can also use WinRAR, there is an option to store the
>NTFS permitions and alternate data stream in the backup.

I also want to know how to folder like this with out changing the Created
date. When simply moving folders, Created dates always change to current.
I am hoping that TrueImage will stop this, but I can't member from when I
have used it before for backing up.

ss.

Pegasus \(MVP\)

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message
> "George Valkov" <a@b.com> wrote in message
> >I do not know about Acronis (I never used it), but If you use

ntbackup.exe,
> >You will be fine. You can also use WinRAR, there is an option to store

the
> >NTFS permitions and alternate data stream in the backup.

> I also want to know how to folder like this with out changing the Created
> date. When simply moving folders, Created dates always change to current.
> I am hoping that TrueImage will stop this, but I can't member from when I
> have used it before for backing up.
>
> ss.

TrueImage creates a clone of the existing partition, warts and
all. Why don't you give it a try so that you're absolutely sure?