no SATA drivers = slow copying?

=?Utf-8?B?Z2dhcmJvbnpv?=

no SATA drivers = slow copying?
I, too, experience the terrible file copying performance (zip files are
ridiculously slow, and HD to HD operations are still any only 5-13 MB/sec)...

In Device Manager, it would appear that I have no SATA devices, even though
my drive is a SATA 3.0 Gb/s. My drive is being detected as a mere IDE --
could this device mis-ID be the root of slow copying??

pete

Re: no SATA drivers = slow copying?
Does your mobo CD have SATA drivers??
If yes..did you install them during the Vista Install??
If no..you can still install them from within device manager
peter
"ggarbonzo" <ggarbonzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I, too, experience the terrible file copying performance (zip files are
> ridiculously slow, and HD to HD operations are still any only 5-13
> MB/sec)...
>
> In Device Manager, it would appear that I have no SATA devices, even
> though
> my drive is a SATA 3.0 Gb/s. My drive is being detected as a mere IDE --
> could this device mis-ID be the root of slow copying??

Darrell

Re: no SATA drivers = slow copying?
The very first thing I recommend everyone do when they first get a new OS up
and running, is to install the latest chipset software for that OS. This
will resolve you're problem.

"ggarbonzo" <ggarbonzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I, too, experience the terrible file copying performance (zip files are
> ridiculously slow, and HD to HD operations are still any only 5-13
> MB/sec)...
>
> In Device Manager, it would appear that I have no SATA devices, even
> though
> my drive is a SATA 3.0 Gb/s. My drive is being detected as a mere IDE --
> could this device mis-ID be the root of slow copying??

Mike Matheny

Re: no SATA drivers = slow copying?
It WILL NOT FIX the slow copying. Guaranteed!

--

Mike Matheny

"Darrell" <dr6583@comcastsnip.net> wrote in message
> The very first thing I recommend everyone do when they first get a new OS
> up and running, is to install the latest chipset software for that OS.
> This will resolve you're problem.
>
> "ggarbonzo" <ggarbonzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I, too, experience the terrible file copying performance (zip files are
>> ridiculously slow, and HD to HD operations are still any only 5-13
>> MB/sec)...
>>
>> In Device Manager, it would appear that I have no SATA devices, even
>> though
>> my drive is a SATA 3.0 Gb/s. My drive is being detected as a mere IDE --
>> could this device mis-ID be the root of slow copying??

=?Utf-8?B?Z2dhcmJvbnpv?=

Re: no SATA drivers = slow copying?
hey, i think i got my problem pretty much worked out -- basically, i got the
nvidia SATA controller driver to take by installing manually... check out
this guide, following the "upgrade to SATA RAID even if vista's already
installed" section... i don't use RAID, but the SATA controller driver stuff
is all still applicable.

"Mike Matheny" wrote:

> It WILL NOT FIX the slow copying. Guaranteed!
>
> --
>
> Mike Matheny
>

> "Darrell" <dr6583@comcastsnip.net> wrote in message
> > The very first thing I recommend everyone do when they first get a new OS
> > up and running, is to install the latest chipset software for that OS.
> > This will resolve you're problem.
> >
> > "ggarbonzo" <ggarbonzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> I, too, experience the terrible file copying performance (zip files are
> >> ridiculously slow, and HD to HD operations are still any only 5-13
> >> MB/sec)...
> >>
> >> In Device Manager, it would appear that I have no SATA devices, even
> >> though
> >> my drive is a SATA 3.0 Gb/s. My drive is being detected as a mere IDE --
> >> could this device mis-ID be the root of slow copying??

=?Utf-8?B?Z2dhcmJvbnpv?=

Re: no SATA drivers = slow copying?
oops, here's the guide:

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/vist...500dfd10ae7215