WMP11 Drag art onto album icon

Extracampine

WMP11 Drag art onto album icon
WMP allows the user to drag an image file onto the CD icon to display as
album art in the libary. When this is done, it seems to add a small copy (or
embed in ID3 tag) to each mp3 file in the directory.

Is it possible to avoid this unnecessary activity, and to get WMP11 to read
the image file from the directory only ?

Scott

Re: WMP11 Drag art onto album icon
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:52:13 -0000, "Extracampine"
<lostfrogg@yahoo.co.uk> spake thusly:

>WMP allows the user to drag an image file onto the CD icon to display as
>album art in the libary. When this is done, it seems to add a small copy (or
>embed in ID3 tag) to each mp3 file in the directory.
>
>Is it possible to avoid this unnecessary activity, and to get WMP11 to read
>the image file from the directory only ?

Personally I'm glad that it does that. I move my files around alot
and having this embedded in the file simplifies the process of
displaying album art regardless of what computer and/or operating
system I'm on at the moment.

Nifty idea, I'd say.

--
Scott http://angrykeyboarder.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Extracampine

Re: WMP11 Drag art onto album icon
Thanks guys. I avoid all use of iTunes, and prefer to stick to one MP3
browser. Getting WMP11 alone to do what I want is hard enough. I know its
not a problem size-wise Dale, but it means that when I go to "now playing",
it shows this small 200x200 image instead of my nice hi-res one !

"Scott" <geekboy@angrykeyboarder.comatose> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:52:13 -0000, "Extracampine"
> <lostfrogg@yahoo.co.uk> spake thusly:
>
>>WMP allows the user to drag an image file onto the CD icon to display as
>>album art in the libary. When this is done, it seems to add a small copy
>>(or
>>embed in ID3 tag) to each mp3 file in the directory.
>>
>>Is it possible to avoid this unnecessary activity, and to get WMP11 to
>>read
>>the image file from the directory only ?

> Personally I'm glad that it does that. I move my files around alot
> and having this embedded in the file simplifies the process of
> displaying album art regardless of what computer and/or operating
> system I'm on at the moment.
>
> Nifty idea, I'd say.
>
> --
> Scott http://angrykeyboarder.com
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Dale

Re: WMP11 Drag art onto album icon
But the problem of 200x200 pixel album art when you view it in the Album Art
visualization in Now Playing will happen if you embed the art or don't embed
the art.

There is a hole in the Windows Media Player product team's attempt to
restrict you from using your own high-resolution art. I'm sure that once I
post this, it will be on the high-priority list for a patch or for WMP 11.5
or WMP 12 but for now you can work around the 200x200 pixel limitation in
WMP 11 by adding the album art using any other program such as iTunes or
even WMP 10.

If the album art already exists when WMP 11 gets its hold on your library,
it does not change the embedded art and does not resize it.

Another reason why you might consider iTunes as part of your total solution.

Dale