error message

bob b

error message
With XP I liked to open more than one media player at a time. In Vista I
can't find a way.

I like to listen to our local NPR radio station online while working with
other media or video files at the same time.

I would open the old mplayer2.exe which had a small footprint and do a fine
job. Now when I try to open it it will say: The procedure entry point
RunDIIW could not be located in the dynamic link library msdxm.ocx. Even
though msdxm.ocx is in Windows/system32. That must not be what it is looking
for in the .ocx file.

Is there a way or maybe another application I can use in Vista to
listen/view more than one instance?

Thanks in advance. Bob.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: error message
There are plenty of third party media players on the internet, some free and
some not. Use Google to search.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"bob b" <removebbrazie@knowledge1.com> wrote in message
> With XP I liked to open more than one media player at a time. In Vista I
> can't find a way.
>
> I like to listen to our local NPR radio station online while working with
> other media or video files at the same time.
>
> I would open the old mplayer2.exe which had a small footprint and do a
> fine
> job. Now when I try to open it it will say: The procedure entry point
> RunDIIW could not be located in the dynamic link library msdxm.ocx. Even
> though msdxm.ocx is in Windows/system32. That must not be what it is
> looking
> for in the .ocx file.
>
> Is there a way or maybe another application I can use in Vista to
> listen/view more than one instance?
>
> Thanks in advance. Bob.

bob b

Re: error message
I was going to do that but I was hoping not to load another non MS
application to my new Vista install if I didn't need to.
I take it there is no tweak to have the MS media player open more than one
instance?

> There are plenty of third party media players on the internet, some free
> and some not. Use Google to search.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "bob b" <removebbrazie@knowledge1.com> wrote in message
>> With XP I liked to open more than one media player at a time. In Vista I
>> can't find a way.
>>
>> I like to listen to our local NPR radio station online while working with
>> other media or video files at the same time.
>>
>> I would open the old mplayer2.exe which had a small footprint and do a
>> fine
>> job. Now when I try to open it it will say: The procedure entry point
>> RunDIIW could not be located in the dynamic link library msdxm.ocx. Even
>> though msdxm.ocx is in Windows/system32. That must not be what it is
>> looking
>> for in the .ocx file.
>>
>> Is there a way or maybe another application I can use in Vista to
>> listen/view more than one instance?
>>
>> Thanks in advance. Bob.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: error message
Bob

Not that I'm aware of? You might want to check in the media player group.

--

newsBCB3957-14CC-49ED-9003-2B6E8E2E6C9B@microsoft.com...