open command window here ?

=?Utf-8?B?T2xlMTcwMQ==?=

open command window here ?
Hi.

In XP it was possible to install a Power Toy (I think), so you where able to
right click on a folder in your explorer and then a menu called 'open command
window here' would be showed.

How do I do this i Vista Buisness ?

Kind Regards Ole

Re: open command window here ?
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd
Underneath this is a value named "Extended". Delete this value. With this
value present then Command Prompt here is only available with a shift +
right click - useless feature for mouse users.
"Ole1701" <Ole1701@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> In XP it was possible to install a Power Toy (I think), so you where able
> right click on a folder in your explorer and then a menu called 'open
> command
> window here' would be showed.
>
> How do I do this i Vista Buisness ?
>
> Kind Regards Ole

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: open command window here ?
Hi Ole,

Open Command Window Here, one of the most helpful menu items, is now included by default in Windows Vista. However, Microsoft decided to register the Open Command Window Here context menu item as an extended verb. This means that the user needs to right-click a file system folder, while pressing the SHIFT key, in order to view and access this context menu item.

To know how to display the option by default, check the following article:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/109/1/

--
Regards,

"Ole1701" <Ole1701@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F919955-8E0B-4F90-A155-7E224798BE47@microsoft.com...
Hi.

In XP it was possible to install a Power Toy (I think), so you where able to
right click on a folder in your explorer and then a menu called 'open command
window here' would be showed.

How do I do this i Vista Buisness ?

Kind Regards Ole
=?Utf-8?B?T2xlMTcwMQ==?=

Re: open command window here ?
Thanks - it worked OK.

Kind regards Ole

"." wrote:

> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd
> Underneath this is a value named "Extended". Delete this value. With this
> value present then Command Prompt here is only available with a shift +
> right click - useless feature for mouse users.
> "Ole1701" <Ole1701@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > In XP it was possible to install a Power Toy (I think), so you where able
> > right click on a folder in your explorer and then a menu called 'open
> > command
> > window here' would be showed.
> >
> > How do I do this i Vista Buisness ?
> >
> > Kind Regards Ole

=?Utf-8?B?T2xlMTcwMQ==?=

Re: open command window here ?
Thanks - it worked OK.

Kind regards Ole

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi Ole,
>
> Open Command Window Here, one of the most helpful menu items, is now included by default in Windows Vista. However, Microsoft decided to register the Open Command Window Here context menu item as an extended verb. This means that the user needs to right-click a file system folder, while pressing the SHIFT key, in order to view and access this context menu item.
>
> To know how to display the option by default, check the following article:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/109/1/
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Ole1701" <Ole1701@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F919955-8E0B-4F90-A155-7E224798BE47@microsoft.com...
> Hi.
>
> In XP it was possible to install a Power Toy (I think), so you where able to
> right click on a folder in your explorer and then a menu called 'open command
> window here' would be showed.
>
> How do I do this i Vista Buisness ?
>
> Kind Regards Ole

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: open command window here ?
>> Do you know who I am?

Nope. But I'm guessing you're Mr. .... from Oz.

--
Regards,

<.> wrote in message news:%23rlarmEUHHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
Time to play. Do you know who I am?
Hi Ole,

Open Command Window Here, one of the most helpful menu items, is now
included by default in Windows Vista. However, Microsoft decided to register
the Open Command Window Here context menu item as an extended verb. This
means that the user needs to right-click a file system folder, while
pressing the SHIFT key, in order to view and access this context menu item.

To know how to display the option by default, check the following article:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/109/1/

--
Regards,

Re: open command window here ?
Clever boy aren't we. Hello/
>> Do you know who I am?

Nope. But I'm guessing you're Mr. .... from Oz.

--
Regards,

<.> wrote in message news:%23rlarmEUHHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
Time to play. Do you know who I am?
Hi Ole,

Open Command Window Here, one of the most helpful menu items, is now
included by default in Windows Vista. However, Microsoft decided to register
the Open Command Window Here context menu item as an extended verb. This
means that the user needs to right-click a file system folder, while
pressing the SHIFT key, in order to view and access this context menu item.

To know how to display the option by default, check the following article:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/109/1/

--
Regards,

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: open command window here ?
DC

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23t3uIeKUHHA.1000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Do you know who I am?

Nope. But I'm guessing you're Mr. .... from Oz.

--
Regards,

Keith Miller MVP

Re: open command window here ?