Windows Works Word files to Windows Vista Word 07

=?Utf-8?B?TWFs?=

Windows Works Word files to Windows Vista Word 07
My new computer has Windows Vista Home Premium, and my old computer had
Windows Office XP . I copied some Word files and folders from XP Office to a
CD. When I installed the files and folders in Vista, they show up as Wordpad
documents in Microsoft Works Word Processor. I want to convert the copied
files from Works Word to Office Word 07, so that I might use them in the
Office format. How do I accomplish this?

Thanks.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Windows Works Word files to Windows Vista Word 07
Do you have Word 2007 installed? If not, you will not be able to display the
files if you change them to this new format. If you have Word 2007
installed, it will convert these files to the new format.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Mal" <Mal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My new computer has Windows Vista Home Premium, and my old computer had
> Windows Office XP . I copied some Word files and folders from XP Office to
> CD. When I installed the files and folders in Vista, they show up as
> Wordpad
> documents in Microsoft Works Word Processor. I want to convert the copied
> files from Works Word to Office Word 07, so that I might use them in the
> Office format. How do I accomplish this?
>
> Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFs?=

Re: Windows Works Word files to Windows Vista Word 07
I did install Word 07, Ronnie, and so was able to convert the files to the
new format.

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer my post.

Mal

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Do you have Word 2007 installed? If not, you will not be able to display the
> files if you change them to this new format. If you have Word 2007
> installed, it will convert these files to the new format.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Mal" <Mal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My new computer has Windows Vista Home Premium, and my old computer had
> > Windows Office XP . I copied some Word files and folders from XP Office to
> > CD. When I installed the files and folders in Vista, they show up as
> > Wordpad
> > documents in Microsoft Works Word Processor. I want to convert the copied
> > files from Works Word to Office Word 07, so that I might use them in the
> > Office format. How do I accomplish this?
> >
> > Thanks.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Windows Works Word files to Windows Vista Word 07
Mal

Your welcome and thanks for letting us know the outcome. Enjoy.

--

newsC797F16-3F39-42C9-B41D-7F67EF3E64D5@microsoft.com...